• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Widescreen monitor recommendations

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hey all -

I'm in the market for buying a widescreen monitor and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

I was checking out the LG 27" LCD - it's priced at just under $500.
About two years ago, I bought a Dell 23" monitor and it looked pretty good but... when you turned the lights off and were watching a DVD on it, you could see light bleeding up around the edge of the screen. Unacceptable. So I returned it.

If I had a couple hundred more to spend on a monitor I'd just buy a Apple display.... but I can justify spending that much for just a monitor - I'd rather get huge TV instead.

Any recommendations on monitors I should definitely NOT buy or definitely SHOULD buy?

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I bought that LG 27" about a month ago, and I love it for gaming, but it does exactly what you say with the light bleeding in on the sides in a dark room. Fortunately I don't watch too much video on my PC so it was okay.

I've heard really good things about the Samsungs though, both for overall performance, and the low light picture quality (e.g. no noticeable bleed on the edges)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I has it Philipps 27", even got an autofocus you push and it fits the image in place for you. So damn nice !!

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thanks ya'll.

Yo, Ent. Do you have a link for that Phillips 27 incher?