User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

That sounds absolutely amazing. I would love to just watch that.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

This exists already...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weWmTldrOyo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weWmTldrOyo[/YOUTUBE]
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I havent read the whole thread but the Transrapid project was a joint venture between Germany and China some years ago. They built one in Shanghai.

The greatest problem to the thing is that it consumes massive amounts of electric energy and you have to build little power stations every 100 miles to just keep it moving.

Besides that the production costs of permanent magnets or magnetic induction coils is so ultra-high that the train never really financially amortizes.

The principle idea tho, will be playing a key role in human future. It does already in electric cars or electric engines in powertrain technology.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I havent read the whole thread but the Transrapid project was a joint venture between Germany and China some years ago. They built one in Shanghai.

The greatest problem to the thing is that it consumes massive amounts of electric energy and you have to build little power stations every 100 miles to just keep it moving.

Besides that the production costs of permanent magnets or magnetic induction coils is so ultra-high that the train never really financially amortizes.

The principle idea tho, will be playing a key role in human future. It does already in electric cars or electric engines in powertrain technology.
    I need to develop the principle idea a lot more.

I guess this is something that will be taking up a lot of my time!

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post

Finding a room temperature super-conductors would solve this problem. If you happen to have one lying around, patent it, have it analysed, and sell the rights to manufacture it to become the richest man in history.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

If there are so many good ideas on here, how come no one is like, filthy rich on here? There are apparently some insanely smart people on here!

I haven't read the whole of the thread, but it works way better with superconductors because of the Meissner effect. You don't go flying off anywhere and have a controlled environment. You'll see pictures of magnets floating above superconductors in most school science books. The maglev trains use this also. And other things like frictionless axles.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP

This thread reminds me of 50s sci fi movies and futurist documentaries with their silly overestimations of the potential uses for radar.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    eNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I think there's a similar concept applied to certain trains, so it's not as crazy as you think...

ETA: I knew I'm not making this up: Maglev . I saw a mention of the Tobu-Kyuryo Japanese one in the news quite a while back when it started service.
    Yesss. I was just about to say that. and then saw your post. :P
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments. He concluded that There is more than one way of doing good science.
    It was Watsons form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA. It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj