User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i totally like the idea of cars that drive them self though or some sort of bus taxi...on a track or computerized gps type system or those horizontal escalator type sidewalks ya know...but they should move quicker that could be cool.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I was kind of concerned about all the variables in life, and that we would need to be able to control the cars reactions to certain events.

What if a dinosaur suddenly comes out of a forest and we can't move, other than on the magnetized track?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well in that case let's hope we have flying cars...i don't wanna cram on some train with the whole city.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Actually maybe the cars being lifted by the magnets would be very useful in such a case.

We could control the power to be higher than the dinosaur! But then the object would be blocking our source of repelling energy....let's just hope we don't have random dinosaurs running around.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah we gotta find a way to use these magnets i'm thinking...could they be used for monorails...are they used for monorails? maybe the cities need a lot more monorails...high ones...in case of a dinosaur attack.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

hehe I should create dinosaurs to give even more purpose to magnetic monorails!

But seriously, I think there is some undiscovered or only slightly scratched at idea involving magnets that is just waiting to make millions or billions.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

the problem would be making magnetic fields in regions you wanted them (such as bellow the table for lift) but not significant in other regions. What about introducing systems of faraday cages on top of your hueg magnetic sheet so you have "safe regions" for metal objects?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    hehe I should create dinosaurs to give even more purpose to magnetic monorails!

But seriously, I think there is some undiscovered or only slightly scratched at idea involving magnets that is just waiting to make millions or billions.
    i think you're right...magnets are seriously cool crazy things...have you ever heard of kids who accidentally swallowed both sides of one and they twist their organs all up...that's some crazy powerful shit. we gotta think of something cool to do with em.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I haven't heard of that, but on some of the websites for "industrial" magnets I saw, it talked about kids picking up these five pound magnets and having it attract the other one, consequentially crushing the childs hand.

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    the problem would be making magnetic fields in regions you wanted them (such as bellow the table for lift) but not significant in other regions. What about introducing systems of faraday cages on top of your hueg magnetic sheet so you have "safe regions" for metal objects?

That is a good idea. I was also hoping for maybe the equiptment that was used to be a mix of something strong and durable that wouldn't fly and attack the system. But we all know how fun it would be to have objects flying at us while we drive. Or fly.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I think there's a similar concept applied to certain trains, so it's not as crazy as you think...

ETA: I knew I'm not making this up: Maglev . I saw a mention of the Tobu-Kyuryo Japanese one in the news quite a while back when it started service.
    Maglev is really not a new concept and the Shikensen is probably the most famous example of it's application.

Edit: I just remembered an episode of the Simpsons where a maglev train was built in Springfield. It was solar powered and I think they had Leonard Nimoy cameo in it. That episode was entertaining.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]