User Tag List

12 Last

Default The Wave Function

The Wave Function makes it plain that the three dimensions plus time are an illusion.

And the three dimensions plus time give us location.

So location is an illusion.

But all of us intuitively believe in location. We believe we are in a location now, and in five minutes we are in a slightly different location, even if only time changes.

In fact every time we look around us our illusion of location is validated. And it has been validated our whole life. And indeed it is validated by everyone around us who share the same illusion.

And the illusion of location is similar to the illusion that the Sun goes round the Earth.

For because we are so small and the Earth and Sun are so big, we have the illusion that the Sun goes round the Earth.

And in exactly the same way our illusion of location is created.

At the same time location has been shown to be an illusion by the Wave Function and experiments recently done by French scientists.

So the illusion of location is created by the Wave Function, in exactly the same way the illusion the Sun going around the Earth is created the Solar system.

But it is the validation of an illusion that is most interesting.

As the validation is achieved by false positives or confirmation bias.

And this is precisely the way MBTI is validated.

So the Sun going round the Earth, the three dimensions plus time, and MBTI, are all illusions.

But how we hate to be invalidated, even by reality - we much prefer our illusions.

"It's love's illusions I recall, I don't remember love at all".
    Likes elodia liked this post

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The Wave Function makes it plain that the three dimensions plus time are an illusion.

So location is an illusion...
    Sounds sort of David Icke-ish.

MBTI
    INTx

An illusion typically refers to an error in judgment, misdirection, or other misconception. If time and space are consistent and stable for all of our practical purposes, then there is no error as our perceptions are following their function - that is, providing accurate input upon which to make decisions.

You tacked MBTI on despite it being an unrelated subject to create the "illusion" of correlation.
    Likes Red Ribbon liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

So location is an illusion.

But all of us intuitively believe in location. We believe we are in a location now, and in five minutes we are in a slightly different location, even if only time changes.

In fact every time we look around us our illusion of location is validated. And it has been validated our whole life. And indeed it is validated by everyone around us who share the same illusion.

And the illusion of location is similar to the illusion that the Sun goes round the Earth.

For because we are so small and the Earth and Sun are so big, we have the illusion that the Sun goes round the Earth.

And in exactly the same way our illusion of location is created.

At the same time location has been shown to be an illusion by the Wave Function and experiments recently done by French scientists.

So the illusion of location is created by the Wave Function, in exactly the same way the illusion the Sun going around the Earth is created the Solar system.

But it is the validation of an illusion that is most interesting.

As the validation is achieved by false positives or confirmation bias.

And this is precisely the way MBTI is validated.

So the Sun going round the Earth, the three dimensions plus time, and MBTI, are all illusions.

But how we hate to be invalidated, even by reality - we much prefer our illusions.

"It's love's illusions I recall, I don't remember love at all".
    Illusion is all we have, Victor.
    The dead do not walk with the living.

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    If time and space are consistent and stable for all of our practical purposes, then there is no error as our perceptions are following their function - that is, providing accurate input upon which to make decisions.
    Good heavens, even your CD player can't be designed without Quantum Mechanics and the Wave Function.

So much of modern technology, which you take for granted, depends entirely on the Wave Function.

You no longer believe your illusion that the Sun goes round the Earth. And yet you still believe your illusion of the three dimensions plus time.

And incidentally time and space are are certainly not consistent and stable for all our practical purposes.

In fact our most accurate theory, Quantum Mechanics, specifically says that time and space are not consistent and stable. And much of modern technology is built on Quantum Mechanics.

Of course you are in good company questioning Quantum Mechanics as Albert Einstein said about Quantum Mechanics that, "God does not play dice".

But we now now that God does play dice - as Quantum Mechanics is based on statistics and chance.

And so far, to many many decimal points, we have no invalidation of Quantum Mechanics.

So Albert was simply wrong.

This is a bitter pill to swallow so you might like to console yourself with your Quantum Mechanical CD player.

MBTI
    INTx

And incidentally time and space are are certainly not consistent and stable for all our practical purposes.
    Time and space have certainly not failed me this morning. I woke up when I expected to (with a little help from my alarm clock) on my bed as I should be, got ready with a logical set of motions (space) in a rather mundane sequence (time), and now I'm about to go to work on a bus that will most certainly be in front of my apartment in the same 5 minute window it tends to be, outside a breakdown.

So my purpose (getting to work on time) has been served very well by my perceptions. You can say it's an illusion as many times as you like, in a trainwreck of logical nonsense, and yet everything worked exactly as one expected. I can think of no system more stable.

MBTI
    INTP

Does this really belong in "Science, Technology, and Future Tech"?

I quickly looked up wikipedia's article and see no mention of how it disproves our vision of reality. I'd think it could easily coexist with our vision, seeing as how we cannot possibly look at quarks flitting through time-space, but this thread seems headed in a philosophical discussion about Plato's allegory of the cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Time and space have certainly not failed me this morning. I woke up when I expected to (with a little help from my alarm clock) on my bed as I should be, got ready with a logical set of motions (space) in a rather mundane sequence (time), and now I'm about to go to work on a bus that will most certainly be in front of my apartment in the same 5 minute window it tends to be, outside a breakdown.

So my purpose (getting to work on time) has been served very well by my perceptions. You can say it's an illusion as many times as you like, in a trainwreck of logical nonsense, and yet everything worked exactly as one expected. I can think of no system more stable.
    Great Caesar's Ghost Feops, the Sun rose at exactly the right time this morning and it set again at exactly the right time.

And in between sunrise and sunset the Sun travelled halfway around the Earth.

So the Sun certainly has not failed to travel around the Earth.

And certainly I can't think of a system more stable.

So you can tell me that the Sun going around the Earth is an illusion as many time as you like, but everything works exactly as one would expect..

Quote Originally Posted by Kangol View Post
    Does this really belong in "Science, Technology, and Future Tech"?

I quickly looked up wikipedia's article and see no mention of how it disproves our vision of reality. I'd think it could easily coexist with our vision, seeing as how we cannot possibly look at quarks flitting through time-space, but this thread seems headed in a philosophical discussion about Plato's allegory of the cave.
    Read the latest issue of, "Scientific American", and it will become clear to you.

And if the Wave Function can take up a whole article in, "Scientific American", I am sure it belongs here in, "Science, Technology and Future Tech".

MBTI
    INTP

Okay, now it's making a bit more sense, but it would help to either provide some information they gave on the article for the rest of us to read and analyze, so that we can actually have a discussion about the science of it. Unfortunately, it seems the Scientific American website doesn't have that particular article up, or I can't find it. I'm sure there are lots of websites out there discussing wave functions as described by those Schroedinger and Bohr guys and others to follow, but I'm too lazy to check further.

I'm just wondering if the point of this thread is one of science or philosophy?