• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Whats really going on at "Area 51"

ProNeon

MBTI Type
ENTP
Your opinions?

Stealth jets? Hypersonic bombers? What's really being developed at the military's most famous classified base?
Area_51_satellige_image_July_03.jpg

The Groom Lake Base is this top-secret military base located 90 miles north of Las Vegas (which is in Nevada). It's in grid number 51 of the Nevada Test Site, so it's called Area 51. The United States Air Force Flight Test Center controls the base. It's best known for testing exotic aircraft and weapons. The base was created in 1954 as a place to test the secret U-2 spyplane that was used to fly missions over the Soviet Union. Then it started to house the SR-71, A-12 and D-21 drone. The F-117A was tested there, also. In the 1980's the base increased in size, along with the runway (which increased to the present 6 miles). Then, mysterious lights began to appear, and armed guards known as the cammo dudes started patrolling the border. The government closed many viewpoints from which the Area 51 base could be seen. In 1989, a "physicist" named Bob Lazar claimed that he worked at a base south of Area 51 and also claimed that Area 51 was testing extremely advanced aircraft and UFO's they got by trading with the aliens. Since then, Area 51 has been thought to be the test center of captured UFOs because of the lights in the night sky.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
in the eighties i used to live outside a reall small town called Tonopah, in nevada, near the Nellis Air Force Base bombing range. a lot of jets fly over the area, and they drop a lot of bombs. sometimes they would fly stealth bombers. it's very loud. the bombs shake your house. i don't think there's anything weird going on out there.

but maybe there is?
maybe we are the aliens, and the real first inhabitants of earth live at area 51, experimenting on dead humans?
or maybe it is an air force base.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
I can't claim to know what's going on there but what I do know is that's where I want to be hunkered down when the zombie apocalypse comes.

(Unless the replicants they're REALLY developing there break free and take over the base.)

I bet they have enough supplies to last years there.

It'll be a long journey from my house but by god it'll be a fun one!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Underground testing/development of time travel and teleportation devices.

I hope.

I must do more research.

I heard about people trying to sneak over there and being threatened.. but I assume that'd happen with civilians attempting to enter any military base.. :rolli:

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
It's an airforce base that houses their experementals.

Naturally security and secrecy will be high.

That's it.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't claim to know what's going on there but what I do know is that's where I want to be hunkered down when the zombie apocalypse comes.

I bet they have enough supplies to last years there.

It'll be a long journey from my house but by god it'll be a fun one!

You're better off investing in property in some frozen part of the world, and stocking up on nonperishable food.
The undead won't make it up that way. Neither will most people, because they'll be too busy looting or trying to huddle in the most bountiful, or 'safe' places.

There are no safe places. Only safer.

Besides, you want to be as far from humanity as possibile... Think of all the idiots with nuclear weapons. Area 51 probably only has so many fallout shelters. I highly doubt your Averae Joe has an invitation..

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
You're better off investing in property in some frozen part of the world, and stocking up on nonperishable food.
The undead won't make it up that way. Neither will most people, because they'll be too busy looting or trying to huddle in the most bountiful, or 'safe' places.

There are no safe places. Only safer.

Besides, you want to be as far from humanity as possibile... Think of all the idiots with nuclear weapons. Area 51 probably only has so many fallout shelters. I highly doubt your Averae Joe has an invitation..

Ironically, at this stage in zombie awareness I get the feeling colder regions will be jam packed with people in the initial escape. Hotter climates will expedite decomposition and be a more suitable temperature for me. :laugh:

Plus the desert will offer near infinite line-of-sight for any potential intruders and the harsh conditions will make survival difficult for all but the most determined residents. There are also tons of food sources if you know where to look.

Wildlife at Hoover Dam

uhh but anyway, back on topic. >.>

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
090319.jpg

Surprise ! We didnt made your nose smaller but enlarged everything else ! :D

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
They test aircraft and weaponry for the military there. Why not? The desert is the perfect place for it.

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
Stealth jets? Hypersonic bombers? What's really being developed at the military's most famous classified base?

...The base was created in 1954 as a place to test the secret U-2 spyplane that was used to fly missions over the Soviet Union. Then it started to house the SR-71, A-12 and D-21 drone. The F-117A was tested there, also. In the 1980's the base increased in size, along with the runway (which increased to the present 6 miles)...

Hypersonic Bombers??? SCRAM jet technology sending aircraft into low earth orbit??? a good bet.
When you consider that the Space shuttle's runway is just under 3 miles, it begs the question: Why so long?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
they just invited me to participate in a huge penises study...but i got exams!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP bff used to be attached to the NightStalkers. He wound up in Area 51, and said they were treated like they could be shot on sight if entering an unauthorized zone. Goodness knows what's in there.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
only semi-interesting shit. just interesting enough to hold our attention while the truly covert ops are done somewhere else. somewhere more secure and anonymous/hidden.
come on guys, the government isn't run by idiots despite what every other cynic will tell you.
do ya really think they're going to do their most sensitive work right in plain sight?
it's a cover up.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
only semi-interesting shit. just interesting enough to hold our attention while the truly covert ops are done somewhere else. somewhere more secure and anonymous/hidden.
come on guys, the government isn't run by idiots despite what every other cynic will tell you.
do ya really think they're going to do their most sensitive work right in plain sight?
it's a cover up.

Area 51A

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
it's a cover up.

This. The site where they built Obama-bot is underneath Las Vegas.

Oh, and while we're on topic, I might as well give you guys the heads-up: http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/