User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 45

  1. #21
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    They're conducting secret orgies with gigantic space Ants in order to breed a master hybrid race that'll dominate the world.


  2. #22
    meat popsicle r.a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    STFU
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Underground testing/development of time travel and teleportation devices.


    it wasn't no aliens that crashed in that there desert.

    i think the government would rather have people believe aliens crashed there. people would probably freak out more about the notion of time travel actually existing than aliens crash-landing in nevada.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

  3. #23
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    It's probably just a military research and testing facility. Naturally they keep what they do there a secret, because they don't want spies leaking their weapons/defense research to other countries. If they did the research without that kind of security, it would undoubtedly be leaked all over the place.

    People tend to assume that just because people don't want something known or hide it, that it must be really juicy. This is often far from the truth... sometimes it's simply pragmatic, or something that it would be inconvenient for people to know about.

    If it were anything big like aliens or something that the public needed to know about, chances are someone with a conscience who works there would have leaked it to the public regardless of the consequences... there's a non-negligible number of people who have a greater sense of duty towards the public than the government who work within the government, even if a lot of them don't.

  4. #24
    meat popsicle r.a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    STFU
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    People tend to assume that just because people don't want something known or hide it, that it must be really juicy. This is often far from the truth... sometimes it's simply pragmatic, or something that it would be inconvenient for people to know about.
    juiciness exists. i promise. supreme juice. juice eternal.

    juice.

    s

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    If it were anything big like aliens or something that the public needed to know about, chances are someone with a conscience who works there would have leaked it to the public regardless of the consequences... there's a non-negligible number of people who have a greater sense of duty towards the public than the government who work within the government, even if a lot of them don't.
    there are whistleblowers, although not many. their testaments are available for public consumption. but lets be honest. if you REALLY heard what was going on, could your mind even accept it? could you allow yourself to accept such things as truth?

    no. you probably just want to hear it so you can dispute it and say how unrealistic and fictional it all is, feeling better about yourself.

    and if you believe it and your mind is blown? then its very easy to disregard the rest of reality and you may end up with tin foil on your head, living in your own filth.

    some things the general public can't wrap their minds around. i agree, non-disclosure cheats people out of the truth and keeps their minds closed off to other apects of reality. but if someone were to irresposibly deliver disclosure, the fallback could be catastrophic, because unfortunately, most people arent ready.

    things that need to be revealed will be in due time. for now, go about your life. nothing to see here.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

  5. #25
    Senior Member TopherRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    R.A, no offense, but I highly doubt you have any clue what's in Area 51 or in any other government installation. ;:-| Your argument is valid though. People are looking for a scapegoat for their sucktastic lives and little green aliens from Zulua would be just the think to make them collapse under their own lack of self worth.
    Love is the point.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Hmm.

    I'd be curious as to where on earth you could realistically hide an airport.
    The Moon.

    Think about it.

  7. #27
    Senior Member TopherRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    The Moon.

    Think about it.
    Perfectly stablizes the Earth from tossing and turning everywhere unpredictably whilst we hurtle around the Sun.

    *gasp*
    Love is the point.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    I bet Area 51 is the US Government's underground Cocaine plant.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  9. #29
    Don't pet me. JAVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Area 51 does not exist.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Area 51 is real. I seen it!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Similar Threads

  1. What is really going on here?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 02:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO