User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Volkswagen GTI

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    I'm not in the minority on how a mini-van looks, note the Volkswagen style - two passenger compartments vs. three.

mini-van - Google Image Search
    I don't see a mini-van when I look at this car. Maybe on photo it does moreso, because you can't really get a grasp on the size of the vehicle though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Let me get this straight.

You want to trade in your Focus for a foreign Focus?

Wouldn't you rather get a different style of car (that's still a hatchback), like a New Beetle? That car's a chick magnet, for sure. (I think it's also cheaper than the GTI.)

I mean, don't get me wrong, the GTI is no doubt a sharp-looking car, but don't you think it's a little too similar to a Focus ZX3? Wouldn't you rather go for something a little different? Just a suggestion.

MBTI
    ISTx

The Beetle is a woman's car (IMO), and you can't compare a VW to a Ford. Don't do it!

I like the small hatchback, sporty, good gas mileage thing.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Beat, trading in a car is MUCH easier than selling your car, and much less RISKY.

People do all kinds of crazy shit when they try and "buy" your car, like take it for a test drive and not come back, or give you a fake Cashier's Check for it and drive off leaving you getting it in the arse 2 weeks later when your bank figures it out, or paying you in counterfeit cash, etc., ad nauseum.

I have bought several cars and every time I've traded mine in as it was paid for at the time and I didn't want to fook around with selling it.

If you do sell yours, check out this site for your own financial safety:

https://www.escrow.com/index.asp

Cheers fella!

-Alex

BTW, I like the GTI's, I also like the older Corrado...VROOOOM!!!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

yeah finally someone with a taste in cars

In germany its no fun to drive a GTI cause every 2nd person has one

If you are thinking about a huge aggregat, try and have a look at the R32 engine. If you want to make a good deal, wait for the new TFI modells, they come with small engines, which are double-turbocharged fitted for huge performance @ low fuel consumption.

I am personally in love with the R32

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc2x09OUzTE"][/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I don't see a mini-van when I look at this car. Maybe on photo it does moreso, because you can't really get a grasp on the size of the vehicle though.
    Well, the correct term is mini, but only by technicality.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

You should also consider new cars. Used cars are overpriced right now in the USA, while new cars are cheap. I bought a new car recently and sold my old one to a private party.

Learn from my mistake: The tag stays with the person, not with the car! After I sold my car, I found out I was supposed to turn the tag into the DMV. Fortunately I was able to get the tag back, but in the process I discovered that the buyer's cousin had been driving around with my old tag on his minivan!

Also: If you like the VW GTI, you might also want to consider a Subaru Impreza WRX --

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Dont get me wrong but I doubt the Impreza can meet the quality standards of a GTI. Its the little things like wind noise, bad suspension or little repairs that will start to bug you over the years.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by [LEFT
    Also: If you like the VW GTI, you might also want to consider a Subaru Impreza WRX --

Funny, that's the exact car my buddy at worked recommended yesterday, since he knew I was looking at GTIs.

I'm pretty set on the GTI at this point though... I guess you could say I'm in love .