• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Microsoft has thoughtfully updated Firefox for you.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Well, if you've updated recently that is.

To check, open Firefox, go to Tools > Addons. Extensions tab.

Note the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.0.

You can disable it but you cannot uninstall it. Unless you get creative...

Open disclaimer: I don't know the mechanics of what this update/addon does. I do know that .NET framework has security holes that make me very nervous to have it stealth-patched into the browser I use because I don't trust Internet Explorer. I also know techie computer people who use computers more than me that are likewise nervous. Which is sufficient for me to have disabled it immediately.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Thankfully it hasn't appeared yet... But I can see that yellow exclamation thingy in the icon bar, just waiting to strike at an inopportune moment.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well thank you for the warning, I just started my computer up and noticed it wanted to update.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Odd. My firefox doesn't seem affected (yet?).

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Cool, let's see how this works.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I thought this thread would be about when Windows takes it upon itself to update and restart. I hate that.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
What the fuck is this. I'm going to a 3.5 RC build now, so it's not compatible.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I must say that Project Natal is more exciting than this.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is this thing?