MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That's a string of lies.
    unfortunately it's not. it takes me twice as long to write things in latex as it does in word. i don't care how biased you are towards it.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INTP

Use LaTex if your thesis has a shitload of maths equations, otherwise stick to Word. Also, see if you can pinch someone else's tex'ed thesis template and then just input your words/equations into that. It will save you a heap of time.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

MS Word is most useful when you have good document templates with non-corrupted style sheets.

I have some really nice document templates that I have gathered over my professional career, business requirements documents, massive spreadsheets with great formatting, MS Visio process flows, etc. I am a documentation junkie, I overdo everything and am usually lauded for it. If you want me to shoot a few of these to you in an e-mail let me know in a PM.

Good luck,

-Alex

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Well I'm going to be writing mine in plain old Word. And just to make sure things don't go screwy... I'm going to break it down to one major section per document. Also leaving formatting/stylesheet etc last because Word will give you grief with "autoformat" jumping elements if you try to fiddle with them while adding more stuff.

I think what's important here is content and not form. Unless your thesis really cannot be easily read in Word... there's no point in wasting so much time learning how to use another program just to get precise symbols/alignments etc.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    unfortunately it's not. it takes me twice as long to write things in latex as it does in word. i don't care how biased you are towards it.
    Then probably you don't write any maths in your papers (I'm not saying it's something bad, just a fact). "Biased"? I wish the creators of LaTex paid me to advertise them, but unfortunately they don't. Alternatively, you migh just be slow-brained.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Then probably you don't write any maths in your papers (I'm not saying it's something bad, just a fact). "Biased"? I wish the creators of LaTex paid me to advertise them, but unfortunately they don't. Alternatively, you migh just be slow-brained.
    it's true, we don't use maths in our projects. it's software development documentation mostly. our supervisors have agreed that writing in latex is "the shit" and thus give a 10% higher grade to those who prefer it over word. i was never one to aspire, but if those 10% are what save me between failure and success, i better go with it.

looking over the board i think you'll find that i'm an idiot, but not slow brained.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes