User Tag List

Thread: Google Help

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Google Help

Just had a breif question, I'm asking you guys because I can't ask anyone else..

I have had my laptop for about 8 months, and it's always worked fine.

When I got on today, Google wasn't loading. It's my home page, so I thought my connection was lost..but it wasn't, as I'm able to search with the adress bar (which is how I got here).

I can't access google at all, and it's really annoying. I use my custom Live Search, but it isn't that great. Every website works, except when I try to load my homepage after opening IE, and typing in Google doesn't work either.

Another little problem I had is that some websites don't load completely. I had to find lyrics to a song, and I went through at least 10 websites, before I could get it to load completely. They're accesable though, as I'm able to get the background to the website up before it stops.

Anyone help me? Is there a problem with my computer? Is there a networking problem? Or is something wrong with Google?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Not a computer expert...

1. download mozilla firefox and retest to see if google works. If it does, some weird setting etc thing in IE it could also be a virus. If it doesn't, go to 2.
    2. take laptop to new location (on different network), does it work? If it does, your home network is doing blocking things. If it doesn't... I highly suspect your computer has "caught a cold".
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

if you use internet explorer, you should look for "tools" >"internet options" and then look for an option to delete all temporary files and cookies. Also click the buttons "reset to default" or something like that if you find any (under security tab for instance).

if that doesn't work I would also recommend downloading Mozilla Firefox. Sounds to me Internet Explorer is corrupted or maybe you have a firewall running somewhere that's blocking stuff (on your computer or on your router if you have one).

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    after opening IE
    There's your problem. Use Mozilla Firefox, it's more reliable.

MBTI
    NICE

Update the browser; if that fails, reinstall the latest version. Agree with Vince, Firefox is a far superior browser.

Remember to back up your favs.

This might be interesting: Browser Helper Object - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Recommend you delete all offline content and see if that works.

Make sure you have a malware scanner. I use Spybot S&D - The home of Spybot-S&D! It'll get rid of any malware lurking in RAM, a popular source of re-infection. (Most anti-virus software will not deal effectively with malware.)

Good luck.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Go Opera!
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    ment

Go Firefox as mentioned above, I had so many issues with Windows EXPLODER that I oulc not take it anymore, if I could uninstall it I would . Go to mozilla.com and download firefox ASAP.