• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Suggestions On Best Monitors?

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I tried a 22" widescreen, but since I am not a gamer, it was too much. I do work with spreadsheets, so wondered whether anyone had an idea on a good 20" monitor. Right now I a deciding on the Dell Ultra SharpViewsonic VX2025WM. Any thoughts?

Анка

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
one suggestion i will offer forth is to get a glossy screen, as it makes the colors "pop".

developer

MBTI Type
INTJ
I know this may not be the answer you are expecting, but why don't you just buy yourself a 20" iMac. Not only will you have a super monitor but also the best computer.....

I am serious, try to consider it.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Анка;65140 said:
one suggestion i will offer forth is to get a glossy screen, as it makes the colors "pop".
CTG, this advice is retarded.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
I'd recommend any of the NEC 20 inch monitors. Since you dont seem to picky as to color accuracy/gamut I think youll be happy with any panel technology.

Get an NEC, you should be happy.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I tried a 22" widescreen, but since I am not a gamer, it was too much. I do work with spreadsheets, so wondered whether anyone had an idea on a good 20" monitor. Right now I a deciding on the Dell Ultra SharpViewsonic VX2025WM. Any thoughts?

Where are you located? I have a mother of a flat-screen CRT - 20 inches - Viewsonic - awesome resolution, color, clarity, speed, etc. Originally meant for graphic designers and others who demanded only the FINEST true to life images. And it's only 60 pounds. And huge. Very huge.

Seriously, you want it? I'll cut you a good deal. :)

Last edited:

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
This week alone I've purchased & installed 15 Samsung flatscreens (22" & 24") for collegues at work. Ironically I'm "only" using a 20" version myself but I can definitely recommend Samsung. My 20" inch model is the 203B.

After all Samsung is the inventor of LCD technology. All other brands are derivatives of Samsung. I have good experience with NEC & HP too, though with HP I've noticed some minor contrast issues (especially video playback).

I think Dell is a safe bet too, although I have no particular experience with that brand.

I'd give Samsung 10/10, NEC 9/10 & HP 8/10.

Pick one that is adjustable in height, and without a glossy frame. I'd definitely NOT recommend glossy screens. I've read a technical overview on glossy screens of about 10 pages and they have no benefit whatsoever. It's an enigma to me why every brand has glossy screens in their range, especially notebooks. I think it's for commercial reasons. All that glitters is gold. I actually find the mirror effect of glossy screens very annoying. Especially early in the morning ;)