• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What can we do with this?

am_i_evil666

I think it's creepy.
I don't care how helpful this technology is, maybe these robots could help in medicine or whatever but just making them immitate animals is CREEPY!!!! Someday they might just eat all of us. Well, not eat us , but do something nasty to humanity. :peepwall:

juggernaut

Permabanned
That was the first use I thought of for it. Bomb retrieval. If they can increase the speed on how fast that thing's legs move and find a way to allow it to climb up near-vertical surfaces and program some AI into it so it can run off of a mission and perform a search of an area, it would be an extremely powerful device.

I could imagine a small group of these being released into a building and performing a swift sweep for any explosives and managing to have enough "intelligence" to know how to disable them before the human team would move in.

This is probably the best suggestion so far.

Then again, this technology might allow a whole new level of potential weirdness for the "Real Doll" industry. Never have to leave the house again...

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
With the proper Pressure sensors in the toes and good AI programming, it would make the perfect little scout for any uneven surface. The sand dunes of mars, the craters of the moon, or the volcanic vents under the ocean.
One of the little tracked rovers we sent to mars very nearly got stuck in the sand. I bet the little spider here would have just kept going, and going...

Crawling in to do recon of a combat or hostage situation.

Nature has given billions of years to finding what works best, and she own the patent on this idea long before even trilobites were in the sea.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Useful little bugger. I would use a giant version of that thing as a bill collector. If it doesn't share the shit out of your ill paying debtors I don't think you'll be getting your money back.

My vote is for Hawaiian flying cockroaches. Not only are they HUGE, they can FLY!

Not only that, but they're Hawaiian!