I blame money, I took it and I didn't go to college. :<

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

We may not have encountered bilateral symmetry in time yet. Asymmetry in time could be the haze forgoing something/anything that has not been presented to our senses. The possibility of bilateral symmetry in time is probably hindered by our senses.

Ant-matter is sensed by proof of consistencies. We may think there is more matter because of the consistancy of asymmetry in time observed by our senses.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    We may not have encountered bilateral symmetry in time yet. Asymmetry in time could be the haze forgoing something/anything that has not been presented to our senses. The possibility of bilateral symmetry in time is probably hindered by our senses.

Ant-matter is sensed by proof of consistencies. We may think there is more matter because of the consistancy of asymmetry in time observed by our senses.
    So you believe that our perception of the asymmetry in time is purely a subjective thing?

There is a thing called Exergy which is like energy, except it is not conserved, rather it decreases with time. It is equal to Energy - (Temperature in Kelvins)*Entropy + pressure*volume.

I was thinking that this maybe has a similar relationship to Noether's theorem except with a correction factor, but I don't understand Noether's Theorem well enough yet.

I don't know of any theories that connect the asymmetry in time with the asymmetry in matter vs. anti-matter. Could you elaborate on this point?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Please don't take this sarcastically. If you mixed a and b or even c+1 to infinity in one direction then shifted to the opposite direction mixing equally (equally=identical in every mixing pattern made previously) why do some things stay mixed and some do not. A rubix cube will unmix to it's original posture yet a bowl of flower and water will not. Granted the rubix cubes ingredients are bonded as one and the contents of the bowl were not at one time. Time and energy were consumed to create the rubix cubes structure before it was to be mixed at a later time. Is there a way to that mixed flower and water to be unmixed to their original singularities. A rubix cube can by taking it apart. It could rest in biological associativity and reflective symmetry manipulated/influenced by using the tool of guage transformation during while in the process of angular momentum. However it doesn't really jive with nature. Nature in this case taking the example of say translation of old english to modern english with the influence/manipulation of latin or greek.
    I think that is because the Rubiks's Cube consists of relatively large parts that are basically locked into a close orbit, while flour and water both consist of tiny particles that are much harder to separate and reassemble. The closest thing is to distill the water off through evaporating and condensing in another conatainer. And even then, it would still be hard to completely separate and reassemble it all. The powder might not even be exactly the same. I know this is done with salt, and it still seems to not have the same crystalline structure.

So the problem seems to be one of scale.
    Last edited by Eric B; 04-14-2009 at 08:12 AM.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    But why doesn't it scale?

Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

again, because in one case, you're dealing with parts that are what; one cubic centimeter? In the other, you're dealing with parts that are probably thousandths that size, and in the case of water, the molecules themselves. Those are two vastly different scales.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I think that is because the Rubiks's Cube consists of relatively large parts that are basically locked into a close orbit, while flour and water both consist of tiny particles that are much hardeseparate and reassemble. The closest thing is to distill the water off through evaporating and condensing in another conatainer. And even then, it would still be hard to completely separate and reassemble it all. The powder might not even be exactly the same. I know this is done with salt, and it still seems to not have the same crystalline structure.

Flower + water + a 3rd to infinity. We all know this^ It's getting past this^ is (possibly) when we find "inconsistencies" with asymmetry in time. and maybe recognize the possibility of bilateral symmetry in time.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

again, because in one case, you're dealing with parts that are what; one cubic centimeter? In the other, you're dealing with parts that are probably thousandths that size, and in the case of water, the molecules themselves. Those are two vastly different scales.
    See, the problem is, the partcle interactrions in super-coliders are reversible processes where we see the revese process happen spontaneously sometimes.

I don't think we can just explain it away with scale.

It has to do with information loss.

Robot Fusion

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

When I say "scale"; I mean the size. It is easier to work with larger parts, and separate or reassemble them back to an earlier state. With flour and water, it is very hard to manipulate the basic particles to reseparate it. I don't know any information is lost, except for some of the water escaping as vapor.

Type Ideas