• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game Changing Technology - Must see

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I dunno, six sense is sort of a overstatement for that.

I could only see that being true with brain-implants like she mentioned at the end though.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
6th sense is definitely an overstatement. The applications for this still really need to be editted and structured. But it's still cool. :D

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah it is pretty cool.
But I could see there being a need for better phones and projectors. Especially in the daylight, you wouldn't be able to see barely anything.

Also, in my opinion, having it on a necklace would suck. I'd rather it be a hand-held.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
What if you had a hand-held design for the information received, and the sensors on one hand and something guided by your vision?

There are some research companies who use a screen in front of your face to track your eye movements, how long you were looking at something, and how you used your visual information. This research is mainly done to track the effectivity of websites (where you look on a website, how long you focus, what you ignore..)

What about one day evolving this technology into some sort of vision-tracking eyeware, hand sensors and handheld media device?

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I was thinking about something a little more simple, but really just as effective.
Like an iPhone with a special camera that sees for example the book then automatically goes to the book's Amazon website. It would be cheaper to create that, since it's really just software.

I think they are making it a little too complex than it has to be. While you still receive the same results.

ygolo

My termites win
I was thinking about something a little more simple, but really just as effective.
Like an iPhone with a special camera that sees for example the book then automatically goes to the book's Amazon website. It would be cheaper to create that, since it's really just software.

I think they are making it a little too complex than it has to be. While you still receive the same results.

What they showed is not too terribly more complicated than what you had in mind, but much higher in the "coolness factor." The main extra complication is to recognize the gestures in context (and that is mostly software as well). The media lab is famous for that sort of stuff.

If they replace the projector with something that could work on a fairly non-intrusive pair of glasses (which does not seem far fetched in a couple of decades), then you'de have something very nice indeed. It will be especially useful when interacting with new people, like at the end of their demo.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
What they showed is not too terribly more complicated than what you had in mind, but much higher in the "coolness factor." The main extra complication is to recognize the gestures in context (and that is mostly software as well). The media lab is famous for that sort of stuff.

If they replace the projector with something that could work on a fairly non-intrusive pair of glasses (which does not seem far fetched in a couple of decades), then you'de have something very nice indeed. It will be especially useful when interacting with new people, like at the end of their demo.

Ygolo, I watched the video. :newwink:

I agree with your statements.

I just think it would be easier to just scroll through an PDA or phone instead. Quicker, more efficient, and look at lot less dumb (in public). Besides do you really want to project your personal pictures onto a wall? I wouldn't... There where some obviously great ideas though, like the bookstore, and the wristwatch, and the grocery store items.

That whole finger-picture thing was rockmysocksoffawesome.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

I don't think technology has a limit of complexity. I think if they make something too complex for the masses to use, that's one thing, but to make something to go beyond having an actual device.. that I would Love to see. To wear something, or even eventually have an implant of some sort, and be able to do all of those things.. it'd be a fantastic piece of technology, for sure.

Iphones are shit. They're cool and all, until the first time that pos freezes. Then you're screwed. I'd so want to see that develop into something that wouldn't break, freeze, lag.. to have entire computer access from within yourself? For less than the price of a laptop?? It'll make laptops look like 8-tracks, and Iphones look like CDs.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

I was thinking this as well :D they had something like that on Appleseed Exmachina and it rocked.. except the whole we'll turn you into zombies part.

Ygolo, I watched the video. :newwink:

I agree with your statements.

I just think it would be easier to just scroll through an PDA or phone instead. Quicker, more efficient, and look at lot less dumb (in public). Besides do you really want to project your personal pictures onto a wall? I wouldn't... There where some obviously great ideas though, like the bookstore, and the wristwatch, and the grocery store items.

That whole finger-picture thing was rockmysocksoffawesome.

See, and some people think bluetooth looks dumb because people aren't physically holding their phone to their ear. I'm sure people who walked around with walkmans looked dumb at first too. 'Why can't you just listen to music at home like the rest of us?' ;) You'll be the old man complaining about how back in the day we drove ourselves everywhere! And used gasoline to drive our vehicles!

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Iphones are shit. They're cool and all, until the first time that pos freezes. Then you're screwed. I'd so want to see that develop into something that wouldn't break, freeze, lag.. to have entire computer access from within yourself? For less than the price of a laptop?? It'll make laptops look like 8-tracks, and Iphones look like CDs.

I was simply referring to iPhones because they are the well known "advanced phone." I don't have an opinion of them because I have not used one.

Personally I wouldn't get implants until necessary, like when humans will be required to become cyborgs when machines actually start threatening. Or when the advantages of having an implant would be overwhelming.

See, and some people think bluetooth looks dumb because people aren't physically holding their phone to their ear. I'm sure people who walked around with walkmans looked dumb at first too. 'Why can't you just listen to music at home like the rest of us?' ;) You'll be the old man complaining about how back in the day we drove ourselves everywhere! And used gasoline to drive our vehicles!

Um, the name DigitalMethod doesn't equate to nothing. ;)