• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MP3 Players for old people

konjactea

I don't really know if this topic is in the right section but I'll give it a shot anyways. I want to get my 50 pushing 60 mom an easy to use, relatively cheap (her insistence), mp3 player. She doesn't speak English and she barely knows how to use the remote control...so I really, really need something easy to use with a big display, big buttons...something fail-safe.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I agree with prplchknz, but just get her an ipod shuffle, does she really need a screen? Ipod shuffles are so easy to use.
I personally love my zune, i find it to be fairly user friendly.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I would recommend one of those that just plug into the computer... (acts like a flash drive, drag and drop).
Nothing that has to go through iTunes, that would just add complexity.

Wait how is she going to get her music anyway?
I don't understand.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I have the Centon..

Why not do her a HUGE favor??

Ask her what her favorite songs are? Download songs she used to listen to when she was younger? Sentimental songs? That'd be awesome.

Check out billboard hits during her time. If she doesn't listen to songs in English, DL classic songs in her language? I'm pretty sure she'd also appreciate a few Beatles songs, since they were practically a global icon (people in the outskirts of society who cannot even speak English even know a few Beatles songs- that's how magical their songs are).

My only con about the Centon is when I place it down a bit too rough (like at the gym), it shuts off automatically. Hopefully, you'll receive one that's less deviant than mine. NewEgg has outstanding customer service!:yes:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't see how an iPod would be a problem. They have like 20 languages on them that you can set them to, and I'm sure there are even more adaptations out on the internet.

I'm sure other MP3 players let you set the language, too.