User Tag List

First 345

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Oh. I think the zeta function is incredibly important. You can look at the following for insight. It is really important to the distribution of primes.

On the Number of Primes Less Than a Given Magnitude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a pdf of the translation:
    http://www.maths.tcd.ie/pub/HistMath...Zeta/EZeta.pdf
    Cool, thanks.

I find my biggest prob with this stuff is there are pages and pages to read through normally. And being inferior Si, it can be quite difficult to read through them sometimes. Especially if they seem non-intuitive. It's been one of my limitations in science. I find it hard to accept new things or be comfortable with them, unless I can see them in the bigger system. Which is great at a lower level, but at a higher level many concepts just have to be accepted. I can do it, but it never feels comfortable.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    IsTP

So far this is the most effective way of finding prime numbers.

I give you.. The Prime Number Shitting Bear: Alkulukuja Paskova Karhu
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

New question
    -----------------
    How is the shitting projection velocity, related to the shitting prime? Is it random or is there order to the shitting bear's shitting?
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP

Of course there' s a sequence but it doesn't seem to have any simple mathematical formula. So, neither do most real world phenomena without bringing complex numbers into it. Simply put, every number that is not prime is so many along the infinite integer list from the start. Every second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and so on is not prime except the first of its kind unless it has already been counted out. So the fourth and sixth have already been eliminated in the seconds, and the ninth in the thirds.

It simplifies matters a little that all multiples of odd numbers are odd, so a possible prime must be 2 higher.I'm trying to think of a generalised heuristic starting with low numbers. 35=15, 37=21. There are two odd numbers between them, so they must be prime. 511=55, 511=65. Eliminate the numbers between for divisibility by lower primes 2 and 3, or start by generating all non-primes and see what is left out. Primes are a kind of inverse to Lowest Common Denominators. There is a relationship to distance between them and any possible divisors, though it is not obvious. Possibly, if the distance between them is not prime, then they are, so one possiblity of generating primes is to add the multiple of some lower primes to a highest known prime. Just which isn't obvious even at low values.