• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pattern to prime numbers?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Oh. I think the zeta function is incredibly important. You can look at the following for insight. It is really important to the distribution of primes.

On the Number of Primes Less Than a Given Magnitude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a pdf of the translation:
http://www.maths.tcd.ie/pub/HistMath/People/Riemann/Zeta/EZeta.pdf

Cool, thanks.

I find my biggest prob with this stuff is there are pages and pages to read through normally. And being inferior Si, it can be quite difficult to read through them sometimes. Especially if they seem non-intuitive. It's been one of my limitations in science. I find it hard to accept new things or be comfortable with them, unless I can see them in the bigger system. Which is great at a lower level, but at a higher level many concepts just have to be accepted. I can do it, but it never feels comfortable.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
New question
-----------------
How is the shitting projection velocity, related to the shitting prime? Is it random or is there order to the shitting bear's shitting?

Oleander

MBTI Type
INFP
Of course there' s a sequence but it doesn't seem to have any simple mathematical formula. So, neither do most real world phenomena without bringing complex numbers into it. Simply put, every number that is not prime is so many along the infinite integer list from the start. Every second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and so on is not prime except the first of its kind unless it has already been counted out. So the fourth and sixth have already been eliminated in the seconds, and the ninth in the thirds.

It simplifies matters a little that all multiples of odd numbers are odd, so a possible prime must be 2 higher.I'm trying to think of a generalised heuristic starting with low numbers. 3×5=15, 3×7=21. There are two odd numbers between them, so they must be prime. 5×11=55, 5×11=65. Eliminate the numbers between for divisibility by lower primes 2 and 3, or start by generating all non-primes and see what is left out. Primes are a kind of inverse to Lowest Common Denominators. There is a relationship to distance between them and any possible divisors, though it is not obvious. Possibly, if the distance between them is not prime, then they are, so one possiblity of generating primes is to add the multiple of some lower primes to a highest known prime. Just which isn't obvious even at low values.