• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's up with google?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Every search result has a this site may harm your computer message.

I imagine they want to limit liability. They probably started out doing just suspected sites, but then people blamed them when a site harmed their computer and they didn't put up that warning... so they've probably switched from "innocent until proven guilty" to "guilty until proven innocent," so to speak. In other words, there's probably a short list of trusted sites that DON'T have that message.

wolfy

awsm
Even google has the message. You can't click through. I hope it's not just me. :horor:

EDIT It's fixed now. That was weird.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
It makes perfect sense, that's what the Internets were designed to do... Hmmm, I wonder what the consequences would be when we are able to personally "plug" into the net through our brains,... Psychosis?... Brain evolution?... I think it would make us dumber!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
yea I got that message today too, whats up!!!!!!!!

Very anoying as I then couldn't enter any sites....

I'm sure they will fix it sooner or later

L

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I think google was prepared in a website that contains nuts.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Glad to see that my computer wasn't the only one affected by this. I was thinking "What now?", having determined that the reason for some probs encountered recently was that I needed to purchase more memory.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
In other news: Everyone is still using Google and always will.

I bet Google could actually infect everyone with a virus, and we'd be back the next day.