• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nanotechnology

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Many people are calling nanotechnology the next big thing, yet many of us know completely nothing about it. How will nanotech revolutionize humanity once the breakthrough is successful? What are the capabilities of nanotechnology?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Who knows but there sure is a nanotechnology stagnation!

Back in high school I was excited by the prospect of the technological age. That in 10-50 years time acceleration technological advances shall continue to produce innovative and profound ideas.
After a careful examination of the current state I am sorely disappointed. Where is my nano hardrive or nano virus killer or nano food optimizer, or nano filter or or, wait just a minute.
Well it seems technology has indeed hit a snag and its stagnating. I really thought that investing in nanotechnolgy was the way to go a decade ago, that its like gold in them there future nano techs.
Hahah and here I'm reading that the use of the word nanobacteria is trying to be stifled by big pharma corporations as a patent only none usable word...

What is the world coming to?

The Boring Age

And its so true, where I thought I'd actually live in the revolutionary technological years of life, I am finding out it's the boring age after all and gonna take what, what now. 50 - 100 years at least for any really groundbreaking shit to hit the fan.

Its like Stanely Kubriak's vision 2001: A Space Odyssey in the year 2010 to what...where are the moon colonies, where are the too intelligent psychotic HAL 9000 series. :D
Are we living in a world that is changing faster then you can blink or has technology stagnated and its application delayed the world over.
Which brings me back to nanotechnology, where are you sweet microscopic replicating robots to do my dirty dishes, eat my garbage and clean my dirty laundry...not happy.
Anyway since you have the topic I was wishing to create a discussion about ha. :hi:

The enthusiasm is infections by the sound of those spinifex rolling across the road.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Nanotechnology is everywhere, just not in a way that people notice or pay attention. People are not fascinated by corrosion resistant coatings or scratch resistant ipod screens, they want crazy nanobots building shit for them. Also, people dont even understand that nano only refers to a scale, and that tons of shit out there is built on the nanoscale but doesnt get the hype.