User Tag List

Thread: Earphones

MBTI
    LoLz

Default Earphones

What are people's experiences with finding earphones that just don't suck?

I started with the generic iPod ones and then found out how loud they really were. I switched over to some cheap ones I bought at Wal-Mart and found out they sucked just as much. Later on, I switched to Shure SE110's and they're just great. They're only ~80 right now. However, were quality bluetooth earphones even out yet?

What are others experiences with earphones/headphones/over-the-ear headphones? I'm talking about portable ones that you can bring anywhere easily. Which ones do you use and how are they?

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I've used Etymotic Research's 6i "isolator" earphones and they have simply perfect sound quality for everything except the bass. They're like $150/pair though, and they're in-ear phones so they block everything outside by ~20dB or so.

FWIW, Etymotic Research makes bluetooth earphones for music listening-- Etymotic Research, Inc. - ety8 Bluetooth Wireless Earphones
    Freaking expensive though.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    LoLz

Was tempted to buy some earphones with my tax refund. I use my iPod a lot, so....bluetooth would be nice.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

To be honest the headphones that came with my Zune are awesome. They're magnetic earbuds! And sound quality is decent. To be honest I don't really demand an amazing aural experience from my portable music headphones....

MBTI
    ENFj

Well my and my sister's keep malfunctioning so I end up buying new ones like every other month. Do any of you know of some that are actually reliable?
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm interested in this too. What are the best quality earbuds you've used, under 100$ or so, and that don't go inside your ears (those ones make my ears hurt)?
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Not exactly earphones, but just my two cents, for casual listening I use a pair of radioshack headphones with titanium drivers (KOSS makes them; bought a pair under the KOSS brand once and they looked identical). Found for $20 on sale, but they have the best response I've ever heard in a cheap headphone. Link: Koss KTXPRO1 Stereophone Portable Headphones - RadioShack.com
    (They used to be $40, looks like $20 is the standard price.)
    I have... technically 3 pairs between work and home, and not one of them has broken. I'm not exceptionally hard on my headphones though.

Normally not a fan of earbuds/earphones, though. The pair I own I use for motorcycling (does double-duty as effective ear protection and listening to music if I really want to on a long ride).
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    istj
    Enneagram

You will like these: Shure

But the question is: Do you want to spend that much money on headphones?

MBTI
    LoLz

I'd rather have wireless headphones.

I was looking at these:

Amazon.com: Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones: Electronics

INTJMom was showing me her amazing research skills and helped me to figure out that those are probably the best all around earphones for their price range.