• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Earphones

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
What are people's experiences with finding earphones that just don't suck?

I started with the generic iPod ones and then found out how loud they really were. I switched over to some cheap ones I bought at Wal-Mart and found out they sucked just as much. Later on, I switched to Shure SE110's and they're just great. They're only ~80 right now. However, were quality bluetooth earphones even out yet?

What are others experiences with earphones/headphones/over-the-ear headphones? I'm talking about portable ones that you can bring anywhere easily. Which ones do you use and how are they?

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've used Etymotic Research's 6i "isolator" earphones and they have simply perfect sound quality for everything except the bass. They're like $150/pair though, and they're in-ear phones so they block everything outside by ~20dB or so.

FWIW, Etymotic Research makes bluetooth earphones for music listening-- Etymotic Research, Inc. - ety8™ Bluetooth Wireless Earphones
Freaking expensive though.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Was tempted to buy some earphones with my tax refund. I use my iPod a lot, so....bluetooth would be nice.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
To be honest the headphones that came with my Zune are awesome. They're magnetic earbuds! And sound quality is decent. To be honest I don't really demand an amazing aural experience from my portable music headphones....

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Well my and my sister's keep malfunctioning so I end up buying new ones like every other month. Do any of you know of some that are actually reliable?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm interested in this too. What are the best quality earbuds you've used, under 100$ or so, and that don't go inside your ears (those ones make my ears hurt)?

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not exactly earphones, but just my two cents, for casual listening I use a pair of radioshack headphones with titanium drivers (KOSS makes them; bought a pair under the KOSS brand once and they looked identical). Found for $20 on sale, but they have the best response I've ever heard in a cheap headphone. Link: Koss KTXPRO1 Stereophone Portable Headphones - RadioShack.com
(They used to be $40, looks like $20 is the standard price.)
I have... technically 3 pairs between work and home, and not one of them has broken. I'm not exceptionally hard on my headphones though.

Normally not a fan of earbuds/earphones, though. The pair I own I use for motorcycling (does double-duty as effective ear protection and listening to music if I really want to on a long ride).

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram
You will like these: Shure

site_img_pa_se420_l.jpg

But the question is: Do you want to spend that much money on headphones?