• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

computer language preferences

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Its applications are limited....and some of us don't live in the 60s....?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I have no idea what you're talking about, and ain't I glad. :smoke:

Maybe I should catch a few of you guys and make you code for free. I never use my closet anyyywaay.

Free WoW accounts, Who wants free WoW accounts , (slowly moves towards the closet door).

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Why do Computer science folks hate fortran so much?

Hideously out dated syntax. No modern featues such as lambda (closures). A language should not be a burden on the developer. It would be a maintenance nightmare.

The only good reason I can see for using Fortrain would be to support vast amounts of legacy Fortran code. Personally I would write off legacy Fortain as a sunk cost. But it may not be an option for some organizations who may have millions of dollars invested in their well functioning, well tested system and proven LOB systems.

what about all the science applications?

Java is King.