• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tourist or Terrorist

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I just read a funny article, I wanted to share. There was that guy who went onto a 45000 km (~ 28000 miles) world trip through 5 continents with a Volkswagen Caddy that was equipped with a 500 kg (1102 pounds) gas-filled tank. They used CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) to fuel the engine, so they completly run without the normal gasoline you get at the station.

The car was equipped with 15 gas tanks in the holding in the back and when they reached the american border, they were asked: "Tourist of Terrorist ?" :D

I thought this to be a funny story. Those engines are pretty cool, they run with very small cubic capacity but got a mechanical compressor + turbo charger and reach about 130 horsepowers nevertheless.

Do you have similar concepts in America too and what do people think about it ?

57936642_0837386024.jpg

img4533dr1.jpg

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
There are some CNG Hondas and I read a story about their use in Utah when gas was about $4 here, and how cheap it is. I'd like to see alternative energies used but since this economic downturn has saved gas prices [for now at least], and since nobody can get credit to buy cars manufacturers aren't going to be pushing alternative energy cars at all I don't think.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I wouldn't mind seeing 5 continents, but that long on the road would get really really boring.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am thinking about installing an additional gas tank into my 3 year old car. It would charge off financially in 1 year and CNG you get at nearly every fuel station by now.

I am just afraid of driving around with a volantile tank :D.