• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shimizu TRY 2004 Mega-City Pyramid

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Schematics of pyramid

Wikipedia article

I heard about this on the Discovery Channel a long time ago. Supposedly this is a future solution to transportation and space issues. The construction would involve some very strong but flexible things called "carbon nanotubes" or something to make it light enough to work, and there would be some kind of internal transport system that operated automatically.

So, do you think this is just a pipe dream, or the future of construction and transportation? What would be the implications of it?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nice, I was reading up on carbon nanotubes, neat stuff if you ask me. Depending on their length they can either be a conductor or an insulator and can be used like field effect transistors by exposing one part to oxygen and shielding the other side from oxygen. Another property I found neat was how high it's tensile strength is; I could see the stuff starting to replace steel cabling in 50 - 60 years. That reminds me, my dad told me to look up what companies are working on the stuff for investment purposes.