User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Keyboard problems on laptop

I accidentally spilled a soda on the arrow keys of my keyboard, and at first nothing happened. But then all of a sudden they started responding madly, so I removed the caps and dried the contacts. Then they stopped working altogether, as did all the other keys on the keyboard. So I restarted my computer, and now all other keys seem to work except for the arrow and enter keys. I have to use CTRL+M whenever I want to press Enter, because the Enter key doesn't work. Backspace is hard to use, but still works. There's also a problem with a key repeating or responding slowly at times after I press it.

Any ideas? I'm good with understanding software, but I really don't get hardware.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I accidentally spilled a soda on the arrow keys of my keyboard, and at first nothing happened. But then all of a sudden they started responding madly, so I removed the caps and dried the contacts. Then they stopped working altogether, as did all the other keys on the keyboard. So I restarted my computer, and now all other keys seem to work except for the arrow and enter keys. I have to use CTRL+M whenever I want to press Enter, because the Enter key doesn't work. Backspace is hard to use, but still works. There's also a problem with a key repeating or responding slowly at times after I press it.

Any ideas? I'm good with understanding software, but I really don't get hardware.
    I think the technical term is "shagged".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I think the technical term is "shagged".
    I don't think that's a technical term, but it probably describes the state of my laptop rather well... good thing I'm not on it right now.

What I've decided to do is hook up a secondary USB keyboard and mouse, since I don't really move it from off the coffee table anyway.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Hehe, did this a month or so ago with Ros, I learnt several valuable lessons including the understanding that laptops don't like sticky liquid stuff.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Other things not to do with electronic equipment:
    Don't put your mobile in the washing-machine. No, really. They don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISTP

Idea: Buy a replacement keyboard and install it. I've disassembled many laptops, they just require you to be a bit gentle with them.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Smack it a couple of times.