User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    No thanks - I'll stick with the real science that's being written in journals.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by sundowning View Post
    Agreed.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sundowning View Post
    LOL! you dismiss something without even looking at the evidence. Clearly, you have a biased agenda.

OK, I'll lay down a challenge for you... Logically prove global warming creates major fluctuation's in global weather and that its man made carbon emission to blame for this....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

LOL! you dismiss something without even looking at the evidence. Clearly, you have a biased agenda.

OK, I'll lay down a challenge for you... Logically prove global warming creates major fluctuation's in global weather and that its man made carbon emission to blame for this....
    Let me just go get a multi-million dollar research grant and I'll get right on it.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    lego

How important is the part I bolded?

For the nothing it's worth, I want to say I've been amazed at the lack of movement towards new energy sources since I was about 12. I had a lengthy discussion with my father a few weeks ago, and a fair amount was dedicated to current political happenings in the US. It took me quite a while, but I actually got him to see that my disgust with the Iraq war is that the money being spent there--in fact, a fraction of the money being spent there--could lead to so much more benefit if spent, instead, on funding important research, such as developing a new energy source.

Worthless, but . . . eh.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I say fuck it, move to any mountain range and bring whatever space age agriculture stuff you can get your hands on. I suggest not sticking around Europe though, that situation is going to suck. Honestly, it is obvious this will be argued till the Netherlands and Florida are under water. The hype that we can really prevent this now is a bunch of politicians who don't understand what the scientists are telling them. The time for warming prevention has passed, it's time to start working on loss prevention.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Climate has fluctuated from hot to cold and vice versa since the beginning of time for no reason. I'm still not entirely convinced that global warming exists or that it's because of man-made gases in the atmosphere.

If global warming does exist, I have an alternative theory. Overpopulation. When an area is condensed with people in close proximity, body temperatures are closer together, which can create pockets of heat to be released in the atmosphere. With this theory, it certainly isn't America that should take the bulk of responsibility, but rather China.

Long before the Industrial Revolution, it was still possible to make fires. Fire emits smoke into the atmosphere, which could then tamper with the natural climate, leading to climate changes. So this problem isn't new at all, now is just the first time it's been given a name.

I'm not responsible for educating you. How about you buy a book and read about how that very thing has been happening for billions of years?

Trust me kid, you don't know what you're getting into - your dopey aviator glasses can't help you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Climate has fluctuated from hot to cold and vice versa since the beginning of time for no reason.
    Wrong.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

What about the Ice Age? And before that, it was warm. After the Ice Age, it also became warm again. I suppose this happened because of cavemen releasing toxic chemicals into the atmosphere (aside from methane)?