User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Synesthesia

MBTI
    ENFJ

Umm, I have a lot of it.

Though there's that whole grapheme --> color thing, there's a lot of texture...

umm. I think I suggested that it might be related to Ni once on another forum. Then nobody responded. It has to do with a part of the brain being underdeveloped. Or something.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    *shrug* I wouldn't have thought that it's correlated to any one particular function but I could be wrong.
    I'm not sure, either. But based on descriptions, Ni may be seen as a way of connecting unrelated data, as synesthesia is. It's an abstract concept, so I can see a big correlation with N.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Lol. I don't think it's so much cool as unusually pointless. I can't think of any good/useful things coming from being able to smell nutmeg from seeing sheer curtains.. or tasting something when I smell it or see it. Colors for people are rarely useful aside idle conversation. If I didn't have it, I don't think I'd mind one bit. It'd allieviate a lot of "corrections" in my speech. I would never have to hear "..Something cant be LOUD, it's not making noise." or my eyes hurting from neon colors (I literally can't stand to see highlighter yellow because it's too loud for me.) or even worse "It's blue.. flavored? " the whole thing can get quite annoying/embarrassing. At least now I know it's a condition, and not me just being crazy. There's some comfort in that.
    Pointless for sure it is. But it must be interesting to have that kind of sensations. It's something very strange and I'd really like to know what it is, I'm that curious.
    A 'loud' color... seems like a metaphor to me, but the thought that it's what you're actually sensing it's... I don't know. Just curiosity because I can't imagine what it's causing it.
    (Lol it seems like I'm thinking of you as a guinea pig)
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Lol! I didn't take it that way. I'll admit, I've always wanted to know what it felt like to experience things like being able to do long calculations in my head. (I generally doubt even the smallest things I do and end up breaking down onto paper or calculator) Or what it'd be like to truly speak in several languages fluently. (I'm not so awesome at grasping other languages either Lol) Or even better! THose that just seem to KNOW how engines and things work. They just sort of have a talent for that, or music or something.

I just wish I had something more useful than this XD like any of the mentioned above.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFJ

Lol. I don't think it's so much cool as unusually pointless.
    I don't find it pointless at all, actually.

It's the only reason I can spell reasonably well.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I don't find it pointless at all, actually.

It's the only reason I can spell reasonably well.
    Reading this thread it makes me understand that there is a reason why girls are so crazy and hard to understand. It's synesthesia, thats why they always mix everything up.

Words spoken can not only have different meaning, but also evoke different senses. I mean I knew it was complicated, but I thought we were at least on the same playing field.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENTP

Lol! I didn't take it that way. I'll admit, I've always wanted to know what it felt like to experience things like being able to do long calculations in my head. (I generally doubt even the smallest things I do and end up breaking down onto paper or calculator) Or what it'd be like to truly speak in several languages fluently. (I'm not so awesome at grasping other languages either Lol) Or even better! THose that just seem to KNOW how engines and things work. They just sort of have a talent for that, or music or something.

I just wish I had something more useful than this XD like any of the mentioned above.
    The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Reading this thread it makes me understand that there is a reason why girls are so crazy and hard to understand. It's synesthesia, thats why they always mix everything up.

Words spoken can not only have different meaning, but also evoke different senses. I mean I knew it was complicated, but I thought we were at least on the same playing field.
    o_O I think for the most part, difference in perception between man and woman are exaggerated... If we insists they're different than we'll never get anywhere with understanding the opposite sex.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    o_O I think for the most part, difference in perception between man and woman are exaggerated... If we insists they're different than we'll never get anywhere with understanding the opposite sex.

Loud purple

I think Im getting the hang of this...
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm so confused!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    It is present in men too, equally so, roughly.