User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: Synesthesia

MBTI
    INTP

I read through your posts and it sounded like some weird foreign translation.

Colors are colors. I don't even know if I could name a bunch. Same for every other thing you mentioned. I separate objects and texture and sounds and tastes and everything. This craziness that you do is very confusing.

So much so that I fear reading it over again will make my head explode.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I read through your posts and it sounded like some weird foreign translation.

Colors are colors. I don't even know if I could name a bunch. Same for every other thing you mentioned. I separate objects and texture and sounds and tastes and everything. This craziness that you do is very confusing.

So much so that I fear reading it over again will make my head explode.
    You're a maroon to me, btw. And your writing makes me think you'd taste more of a fried onion.. To some, sweet and enjoyable, and to others absolutely untouchable before they ever indulge in fear of the raw onion itself.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP

Hmmm. It's nice to know that you think about tasting me...
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Hmmm. It's nice to know that you think about tasting me...
    !! :rolli: Well, now you know. And knowing's half the battle!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Not me... although to be able to experience other senses as color sounds really cool. I've seen a show on TV describing synesthesia. The two ladies describing their music listening experience looked so blissful.

*is jealous*

MBTI
    INTP

Well your writing smells like lavender to me. Effusive yet calming.

I would come up with something better but I don't have Synesthesia. My brains too normal :sad:

Did we already establish that a lot of artists have this "condition"

I'm jealous I wish I had something that I could play off as extraordinary (superpowers).

I associate work with a slow draining and debilitating life threatening condition. Conflict with smoke, sleep with warmth, red with sirens. Metal with licorice.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I don't know what's going on in this thread. It made me remember other weird things I do, but they definitely aren't synesthesia...which just leaves me being weird.

I can kind of identify music with color though...maybe. More with pictures and scenes in my mind, but I can translate the music to a color sometimes.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    I don't know what's going on in this thread. It made me remember other weird things I do, but they definitely aren't synesthesia...which just leaves me being weird.

I can kind of identify music with color though...maybe. More with pictures and scenes in my mind, but I can translate the music to a color sometimes.
    Same. My brain just kind of died after reading a couple of posts.

MBTI
    INTP

I have multiple forms of it, although the intensity can vary a bit. The following trigger colours/shapes/textures:

Numbers and letters
    Physical sensations, like pain
    Music
    Sounds/noises
    Emotions
    Some smells

Plus I have perfect pitch (which has faded a bit with age) - a lot of people who have perfect pitch also have synesthesia.

Syn is useful for me and I'd probably be lost without it. One example is that I can scan long lists of names or numbers and the one I'm looking for will jump out at me because of its colour. I also recognise singers' voices by the colour/texture of their voice.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP

I saw that show on the savant as well. I hate those things, it's like watching X-men for me. I sit there imagining how crazy and bad ass I would be if I had that stuff and maybe even dream about it. Then I wake up and realize, nope, I'm still surprisingly average and normal. It gives me new daydream material though.

I should make a special on that. The incredible daydreaming boy, I could just make up whatevers on my mind and say I could do it. Then hide behind my mind and say you just don't have the same perceptive abilities as me and you will never know what its like.