User Tag List

MBTI
    yupp

Default mac users who know something about macs

so my mom is coming up tomorrow and I need to give her this really long password so she can get on my wireless I've lost the sheet of paper I wrote it on. Is their a way I can go into my settings and find out what it is? The worse that would happen is she just plugs directly into the router, but I do need that password for the future. The password is something you put in once and the computer remembers it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I'm not a mac user, but things like that are generally possible to reset, and once reset they usually have no password or a standard one. That's really all I can say, since i'm not a mac user.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

There's probably a support in good aulde India that you can call

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    yupp

yeah I live in a building with other people and I don't want some stranger leeching off my internet which is why I like the security even if it's annoying when people come to visit.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP

Your router is a mac?

MBTI
    INTP

If you run OS X and have issues with your *router* settings, you can broadcast your own wireless signal from your computer.

there is something on osx called a "keychain manager" (basically a password manager) where you can find out what all your saved passwords are (including wifi). It should be located under the settings somewhere.

You should look first to Keychain Access (/Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app), type “airport” into the search field, look for an entry with your wireless network name, select “Get Info” from the context/secondary click menu, and then check “Show password”.

(click for full-size)
    Last edited by Quiesce; 11-17-2008 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Usability enhancements

MBTI
    ENFj

Sounds to me like you have lost the router password which has nothing to do with your mac. If its a linksys router just type 192.168.1.1 on the internet address. It will ask you for a administrator name and password. The password is either admin with no user name or the other way around or if you are unlucky its a different combination depending on your router. Once you get in you can reset the password and create a new one. I have never used Macs so if this doesn't apply than, sorry.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.