User Tag List

First 2345 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ... I had thought that to be a bit of sarcasm. If your intent was more serious, Anja, I apologize for taking it as a joke.
    Yes, but we talked on this board before about gender specific jokes and such. Just as women might get very weary of being called certain gender specific names, wouldn't men get tired of having these sorts of jokes so causually told all the time, as if all men are responsible for all the wrongs and evils of the world? Sperm alone does not create babies.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Unless there's rape involved, women are agreeing to have sex with these men, sometimes knowing that the male is not committed to them. If this is the case, then sex is all the man is agreeing to and a woman ought to be wise enough to realize this. It's just reality.
    Fixed.

Sorry, but if you're implying that men are all upfront and honest with women, I'd have to kindly disagree with you. There are plenty of men that will say, and do anything to make a woman believe they are going to be there for them because the ultimate prize is sex. I never said that women can't say no, or that we can't demand birth control and condoms, etc etc. .. We're all capable of saying no, etc. But even a man you've been dating, that you're active with, can have a change of heart when the relationship goes from boyfriend/girlfriend to father/mother. I'm not saying it's right, but women are frequently duped with this beastly change.

For the record, this is NOT a male-bashing anything either. Like I said, we have responsibilities to be wary of anyone.. but being tricked is no fun, and it's pretty harsh. Rape is not the only way to get into a girl's pants. It's so much more legal and easier to trick her.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

I suspected we were in trouble when I started seeing guys with pink popped collars.

What happened to the good ol' days of clubbing and cave dragging.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume
    Likes Dyslexxie liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Yes, but we talked on this board before about gender specific jokes and such. Just as women might get very weary of being called certain gender specific names, wouldn't men get tired of having these sorts of jokes so causually told all the time, as if all men are responsible for all the wrongs and evils of the world? Sperm alone does not create babies.
    >.o I wasn't validating anything said.. I merely was apologizing for the chance that I took something light hearted meant to be taken seriously. Even if I disagree, no one deserves to have their views turned into a total sarcastic joke and I don't always think ahead..I tend to think 2 minutes behind actually.

As to whether I agree.. I don't think men are the root of all evil, nor do I think women are saints. Trust in that, I disliked women for a long time for the countless things I've had done to me, or observed. It took too long for my heart to warm back up to them. I know we make it seem that way, and I'm sure that's frustrating for men. You're absolutely correct: sperm, a baby does not make.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post

I suspected we were in trouble when I started seeing guys with pink popped collars.

What happened to the good ol' days of clubbing and cave dragging.
    XD!! Winnar!! .. My mother was playing Queer Eye on TV when I looked at this thread. >.o

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Fixed.

Sorry, but if you're implying that men are all upfront and honest with women, I'd have to kindly disagree with you. There are plenty of men that will say, and do anything to make a woman believe they are going to be there for them because the ultimate prize is sex. I never said that women can't say no, or that we can't demand birth control and condoms, etc etc. .. We're all capable of saying no, etc. But even a man you've been dating, that you're active with, can have a change of heart when the relationship goes from boyfriend/girlfriend to father/mother. I'm not saying it's right, but women are frequently duped with this beastly change.

For the record, this is NOT a male-bashing anything either. Like I said, we have responsibilities to be wary of anyone.. but being tricked is no fun, and it's pretty harsh. Rape is not the only way to get into a girl's pants. It's so much more legal and easier to trick her.

You must forgive me because I am old fashioned in this. I wouldn't accept anything less than marriage commitment (and even then wait a couple of years to see how well the marriage fits) before deciding to make a child with a man. This whole issue you raise above is why marriage was created. It wasn't really some SJ plan to take all the fun out of life.

I just watched too many cases where the woman got pregnant on purpose or chose to forgo birth control and then was puzzled when the boyfriend left. He never proved himself by making a binding commitment. So these women took a real gamble. They chose to gamble. They are part of the equation that led to their child being in a single parent situation. There's just no way around that.

If a woman doesn't wait for a man to prove with time and deeds that his words have merit, then she's part of the equation of single parenthood. When we ignore this reality we're brushing aside what our foremothers already learned and tried to tell us all but we thought they didn't know what orgasms were and that they were simply unimaginative squares.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

You must forgive me because I am old fashioned in this. I wouldn't accept anything less than marriage commitment (and even then wait a couple of years to see how well the marriage fits) before deciding to make a child with a man. This whole issue you raise above is why marriage was created. It wasn't really some SJ plan to take all the fun out of life.

I just watched too many cases where the woman got pregnant on purpose or chose to forgo birth control and then was puzzled when the boyfriend left. He never proved himself by making a binding commitment. So these women took a real gamble. They chose to gamble. They are part of the equation that led to their child being in a single parent situation. There's just no way around that.

If a woman doesn't wait for a man to prove with time and deeds that his words have merit, then she's part of the equation of single parenthood.
    LOL!! All in all, this is the ultimate cause of single parents, is the lack of marriage. I think I was more talking about the current way younger people think and do things, which is the reality of the situation.. never to say that it's right.

I can't say that I'm that old fashioned when it comes to my views on sex.. I don't think it's this evil force until you marry, wherein it becomes acceptable. It is risky, but not to the point to ban it from your life. (What if you never do marry??) I suppose the clash simply came from younger views vs. that of traditional values.

heart on fire

The frustrating thing is, the young women I've known who got pregnant before they were married admitted to not using birth control and it is so readily availble. A couple of them planned on the pregnancies. Never before in history have women had so much control over their own sexual expression so why won't they avail themselves of it.

But the blame for single parenthood is borne equally by both sexes. I don't want it to sound like I am blaming women alone!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Never before in history have women had so much control over their own sexual expression so why won't they avail themselves of it.

lack of proper parenting

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    ENTJ