User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Common knowledge for some time, I'd have said.

Survival of the fittest? I'm down with that.
    Come on, this is by no means a regular "survival of the fittest" process. Survival of the fittest would describe the natural selection of males who were relatively unaffected by the chemicals, not the survival of the females over the males. Since this is supposed to be affecting the male reproductive system (not vital, day-to-day survival systems), the real consequence is upon the females just as much as the males. If we die out, so do you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    ^
    Is that you smacking your own forehead, or mine?

MBTI
    INFP

Another factor is the increased incidence of cannabis and alcohol use among young males both of which contribute to decreased testosterone levels and, in the case of cannabis, decreased sperm count. Alcohol will, over time, contribute to malformed sperm as well.

Bad news.

Actually when I read the title of the thread I thought it was referring to the number of young males who are fathering babies with women they will not be living with. Those kind of disappearing males.

Maybe, since this has become a noticeable trend, it's for the best that the sperm will be less viable?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

heart on fire

^ Why should men be singled out for punishment for this situation? Women allow it to go on as well. Normal, consensual sex is a fifty-fifty thing and there's so much birth control available these days. Blame for single parenthood cannot be laid at the feet of young men alone.

I'd personally hate to see a world with less masculinity in it.

MBTI
    INFP

Heart, your odd habit of twisting my posts into something to get indignant about is getting tiresome to me.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think heart's more focused on the point of conception.. whereas Anja's more focused on when that said young man goes "..Oh shit, this iz real. Kthnxbai." Admittably, it can't be blamed entirely on the man since women agreeing to conception agree to ALL possible risks, but I've seen on more than one occasion a man be one person with sex as the possible outcome, and an entire different beast when faced with 18 years at least of potential parenting and burn out on the chick.

Getting back on topic though.. I couldn't imagine a world without men. I wouldn't want to even if I could.. It seems like everything is unhealthy for you now-a-days. Not having sunlight is unhealthy, having sunlight is unhealthy.. You'd think our bodies would have adapted to the most basic of the earth's elements.. I'm not one of those "radio waves from your cell phone kill brain cells!!" people, but I do think our lack of attention to detail to our own health and such is leading to problems.. Look at super-bacteria for example.

But what can we do? If we cure cancer, we'll all turn into zombies.. so I'm totally out of ideas.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Heart, your odd habit of twisting my posts into something to get indignant about is getting tiresome to me.
    I am not indignant, I am just saying I don't think lower sperm counts are something to view positively in the situation, as if men alone were responsible for single parent households. It's not always about you, it is about your words and the fact that it's something others have said and I didn't agree with it when they said it either and I feel like saying so.

You basically said that lower sperm counts might be a good thing in the face of rising single parenthood. That's a pretty strong statement with the onus directed at the male side of the equation. If you think to post strong statements online without having people disagree with you, then you don't understand forum dynamics.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    You basically said that lower sperm counts might be a good thing in the face of rising single parenthood.
    ... I had thought that to be a bit of sarcasm. If your intent was more serious, Anja, I apologize for taking it as a joke.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I think heart's more focused on the point of conception.. whereas Anja's more focused on when that said young man goes "..Oh shit, this iz real. Kthnxbai." Admittably, it can't be blamed entirely on the man since women agreeing to conception agree to ALL possible risks, but I've seen on more than one occasion a man be one person with sex as the possible outcome, and an entire different beast when faced with 18 years at least of potential parenting and burn out on the chick.

Unless there's rape involved, women are agreeing to have sex with these men, knowing that the male is not committed to them. If this is the case, then sex is all the man is agreeing to and a woman ought to be wise enough to realize this. It's just reality.