Thread: Watchmen

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Watchmen

Alan Moore's seminal comic book series, sorry, "graphic novel" :p

I really want to type the characters from it before the movie and its trailers come out, and mess up everyone's perception of the characters.

Nite Owl: ISFP
    The Comedian: ESTP
    Doctor Manhattan: INTP
    Ozymandias: ENTJ
    Rorschach: ISTP
    Silk Spectre: ISFP
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ENTP

I think The Comedian was a N, but I don't remember very well.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Doctor Manhattan: INTJ
    Silk Spectre: INFP
    Ozymandias: xNTJ
    Rorschach: ISTx

Dan and Laurie are probably both ISxx but I'm not sure on the rest. The original Nite Owl was probably ISFP and it's possible Dan is the same -- and I'm thinking mostly the way in which he interacts with Laurie here. He very much embodies in his tenderness regarding her and his general softness the way an ISFP moves through the world.

Laurie's not really an N, she's much more into the practical tangibilities and is pretty bad at seeing inferences in the data (note how hard it is for her to connect the dots in terms of figuring out her parentage). She's pretty gritty, not very ethereal. it's especially obvious when she interacts with Dr. Manhattan, Jon -- he's very abstracted and almost not human, she's very grounded and gets pissed off all the time at how disconnected he is from tangible reality.

Jon is very much a surveyor of systems and modeling. He might seem J, but that's only because he sees everything and so already knows how they turn out. So ultimately he merely uses Ne to perceive all of the system and Ti knows exactly how it will mesh up, and so he conforms to the pattern; this is basic INTP behavior at its most extreme, except we human ones can't see everything when we try to understand all of the system (so as to know what to do) and so we become plagued by doubt.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Ozymandias: xNTJ
    Rorschach: ISTx

Dan and Laurie are probably both ISxx but I'm not sure on the rest. The original Nite Owl was probably ISFP and it's possible Dan is the same -- and I'm thinking mostly the way in which he interacts with Laurie here. He very much embodies in his tenderness regarding her and his general softness the way an ISFP moves through the world.

Laurie's not really an N, she's much more into the practical tangibilities and is pretty bad at seeing inferences in the data (note how hard it is for her to connect the dots in terms of figuring out her parentage). She's pretty gritty, not very ethereal. it's especially obvious when she interacts with Dr. Manhattan, Jon -- he's very abstracted and almost not human, she's very grounded and gets pissed off all the time at how disconnected he is from tangible reality.

Jon is very much a surveyor of systems and modeling. He might seem J, but that's only because he sees everything and so already knows how they turn out. So ultimately he merely uses Ne to perceive all of the system and Ti knows exactly how it will mesh up, and so he conforms to the pattern; this is basic INTP behavior at its most extreme, except we human ones can't see everything when we try to understand all of the system (so as to know what to do) and so we become plagued by doubt.
    I originally saw Manhattan as INTP, I think I agree on that.
    Laurie: ISFX She's definetly a Feeler imho. I think I'll go with ISFP. She's not quite grounded herself to be an ISFJ.

Personally I think Rorschach gets something of a kick out of spontaneity, making him more likely to be a P.

Ozymandias is an E. He wants to be Alexander the Great (another ENTJ). There's something about him that's just so flamboyant and extroverted. He is also able to act quite spontaneously, something an INTJ would be less skilled at.
    4w5 sp

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Alan Moore's seminal comic book series, sorry, "graphic novel" :p

I really want to type the characters from it before the movie and its trailers come out, and mess up everyone's perception of the characters.

Silk Spectre: ISFP
    This seems about right. I'm not quite sure about Nite Owl though. I'd almost say INFP for him...not sure. I give a definite agreement on the others though.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    This seems about right. I'm not quite sure about Nite Owl though. I'd almost say INFP for him...not sure. I give a definite agreement on the others though.
    He's an inventor though. He's absolutly fantastic at building new technologies.

Thats not to say he couldn't be an INFP, but it makes it less likely.
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Rorshach: ISTP
    Dr. Manhattan: INTP
    Ozymandias: ENTJ (by the way, Alexander the Great was ENTP)
    Nite Owl II: INFP
    Silk Spectre II: ENFJ (average not archetypal)

Rorschach -- ISTJ

ISTP? I mean, "Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon" doesn't sound like anything a perciever would say, no? Plus he's very much Si.

Also I believe The Comedian was ENTP, though I might have to reread the comic book..

Another one for Rorschach being an ISTJ. If he were an ISTP, he'd be more open to societal changes.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

You have to remember.. these are not totally healthy people. Shadow function should be taken into consideration
    And most are F/Subjective in their decisions to be Superheroes

Nite Owl: ISFJ
    The Comedian: ESFP
    Doctor Manhattan: INTJ
    Rorschach: ISFP
    Silk Spectre: ESFJ