• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zooey Deschanel

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've had a girl crush on Zooey for a long time...

I can see from these vids why people are going for INTP. She's got a flat voice, and she's the queen of quirk (that's rather why i love her, you just never quite know what she'll say or how she'll say it -- she makes me laugh, and I find her endearing).

But there are various types of F and T who are into geek science like pinhole cameras. I think it would be more definitive if someone can find a piece of her writing or some video where she's forced to actually explain her thinking on something -- that's when you're going to see how logically she thinks and how she puts her thoughts together. Right now, only the quirk and the enjoyment of home-cooked science are apparent in the material here, which could go in a few different directions.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I'm back to confused again. The older interviews seemed INTPish, for sure, but now she's kind of turned into a non-stop rainbows-and-kittens-and-ukeleles parade, and the stuff she posts on twitter and such are just very non-NT-ish. Of course, she's an actress, and she could have figured out that people can't get enough of the quirk, so she'd better play it up.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She's too cool to be INTP.
Also personable.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I find her barely average looking and boring honestly...

She looks like Katty Pery. Maybe she 6w7 So/Sp? Or Sp/So? INTP sounds right.

I agree. She's not that good looking. Katy Perry on the other hand is HOTHOTHOT. Can't say why.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She's too cool to be INTP.
Also personable.

yes, that's what kind of throwing me... the quirk comes off as more Ni than Ti.

Yeah, I'm back to confused again. The older interviews seemed INTPish, for sure, but now she's kind of turned into a non-stop rainbows-and-kittens-and-ukeleles parade, and the stuff she posts on twitter and such are just very non-NT-ish. Of course, she's an actress, and she could have figured out that people can't get enough of the quirk, so she'd better play it up.

Yes, which is the real her? Lol.

I mean, watch those clips in this thread where she's kind of flat, then watch her in "new Girl" or "500 days of Summer," and they seem fairly different.

To be honest, now that I'm thinking about it, I get a similar vibe from her that I get from Domino (although Domino's sharper-edged).

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
am i the only one who finds her extremely irritating? i hate her whole quirky girl with bangs shtick and she just plays some variation on herself in every role. plus those fucking cotton commercials.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
am i the only one who finds her extremely irritating? i hate her whole quirky girl with bangs shtick and she just plays some variation on herself in every role. plus those fucking cotton commercials.

I didn't at first, but now...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think it's one of those things that either you like or you loathe.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

You mean the Manic Pixie Dream Girl?

Growing up and basically until very recently there was no one on TV or in movies who I could 'identify with'. And that's not just in a racial/gender way but just in general. The question always seemed very odd to me, like, I'm supposed to 'see' some of myself in a fictional character in order to enjoy something? :thinking: It was more like having some bones thrown at you and told "this is all you're getting AND YOU WILL LIKE IT! Or not, I don't care". Then I'd think, "Dang, that must be nice to have entertainment venues catering to you." :wistful face:

Anywhoo, the ditzy girl from 'confessions of a shopaholic'. I loved that character :D She was kind of a hyper manic ENFP caricature. That was the first character in a fictional work that I could 'identify with' which sounds odd, and not because I have a shopping addiction. :p

My point (yes I have one :p) is that Manic Pixie Girl trope seems fairly new or at least now is the golden age of it and Zooey is the poster child. It seems to have coalesced with the whole extreme 'man child' trope that started with Jack Black and Judd Apatow capitalizes on. I think with how popular her characters have become she's now a 'famous personality' so you won't see much deviation between her characters and herself. Kinda like Winona Ryder in her heyday. Makes you wonder if she was typecast all the time or just chose roles that she personally felt comfortable with.

Annnnd, yeah, the whole 'new girl quirky girl with bangs' template is very much an ENFP maybe an INFP. Her character on '500 Days of Summer' was ENXP, I think more ENTP than ENFP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I change my mind (I must have been on some drugs to think she was INTP...though at least I got the IxxP part right.) She's ISFP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree. She's not that good looking.

Did you notice like me that most part of people who said she is attractive were girlz? That's very meaningful, I think.

Katy Perry on the other hand is HOTHOTHOT. Can't say why.

Hell yeah! Even if she is a bit prude. Russel Brand is a douche.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've had a girl crush on Zooey for a long time...

Same here! I've always felt she's one of those actress that has been overlooked ever since her superb performance from All the Real Girls

Though from this short video, I had more of an ENFJ vibe from her: [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKzV0yQe0EU"]Deschanel's Happy Dance[/YOUTUBE]

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you notice like me that most part of people who said she is attractive were girlz? That's very meaningful, I think.

I found that demographic split pretty interesting too... and for the record, I think Katy is talented but am otherwise indifferent to her.

At this point, I feel like the ENFJ and the ISFP reads are closer to truth than INTP. in terms of her presentation.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Actually, I've only know one guy who digs her. Most of my male friends got turned off by her voice. I thought that's really weird actually.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is Zooey D a queer? That would explain everything.