• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zooey Deschanel

sculpting

I have only seen the first video clip, but she is a bit weird. For any type. :)

I would agree she in not an enfp. She uses her eyes in an interesting way- lots of side to side extreme glances and extremely direct stares. I have most often seen this pattern in EXTPs. (An enfp will almost always break at various points, when discussing emotion and look downwards at an angle- a kinesthetic pattern in NLP which may be representative of introverted feeling. The extreme side to side glimpes in NLP are auditory-perhaps hinting at Fe). However she seems very into a lot of things like odd fashion, and the wierd comment about liking linguistics, was very much an INFJ sort of interest. She doesnt seem socially smooth enough to be an EXTP to be honest. I have only known two INTP females, thus am lacking data, but they were both quite reserved and took the distance this person has to a much greater extreme and seemed much more reserved.

So I'd say INFJ, although I have never met one quite like her before.

EDIT-Oh, no offense intended if my decsription seems at all harsh, as i realize some of you guys are fans.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have only seen the first video clip, but she is a bit weird. For any type. :)
You're a bit weird yourself. No offense like.

Also this:
the wierd comment about liking linguistics, was very much an INFJ sort of interest.
stands out as a pretty lame comment, in a thread so full of lame as to make that quite some achievement.

So well done for that.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Despite her sparkling blue eyes, there is something oddly vacant and deadpan in her stares. Very phlegmatic.

Zooey-Deschanel-thesocialnewspaper-16.jpg

sculpting

You're a bit weird yourself. No offense like.

Also this:

stands out as a pretty lame comment, in a thread so full of lame as to make that quite some achievement.

So well done for that.

sure, but she seems more wierd in a schizoid sort of way.

Why are you rude sometimes? (no offense meant, but you do put a great deal of effort into it, even to the point of being oddly stalker like about it. It is both funny and a little odd, albeit irrelevent typically.)

From my experience, INFJs love word games, linguistics, digging at the meaning behind the words. I have know several who are pursuing graduate work in english rhetoric or english lit. It is like some sort of Ni-Fe-Ti paradise where they pick apart the global meaning of human interactions via the detailed words used in a situaion. Try reading the "elegance of the hedgehog" for a representative example. Thus her mention of the interest in lingusitics was simply a piece of data.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hahahaha! Priceless.

EDIT. It requires very little effort, I assure you. :)

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Kind of want to go for ENxP, just based off general interview impressions, but she annoys the shit out of me and I don't even know why, I just can't type her objectively. Like, seriously. The photos of her eyes just creep me out, make my skin crawl.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
She's changed her persona quite a bit recently, it seems. I liked her a lot better when I was reading her as INTP. :p I still mostly like her, but I was catching up on episodes of New Girl on hulu the other day, and her character was sooooooooo dorky and quirky and madcap that it began to seriously irritate me about halfway into the second episode. I like quirk, mostly, but this was some industrial-strength quirk. Like, annoying, laying-it-on-with-a-trowel, Kristen Chenoweth-level self-conscious "charm." So, I dunno. I think she has probably latched onto the idea that she's the "adorkable" (HATE that word) posterchild now, and she may be playing that up more than would be natural for her.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^LOL. Inorite? Unless she's exec producer on that show though, you can't really blame her for its lamity. I doubt there will be a season 2. That one where she sees that guy nekkid and laughs and it makes him impotent or something, that was cringeful.
Then again, I'm pretty sure I've done that before now.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^LOL. Inorite? Unless she's exec producer on that show though, you can't really blame her for its lamity. I doubt there will be a season 2. That one where she sees that guy nekkid and laughs and it makes him impotent or something, that was cringeful.
Then again, I'm pretty sure I've done that before now.

There definitely will be a season 2. New Girl is exactly the kind of stale, you've-seen-it-before kind of stuff people love. Community and Parks and Recreation are the kinds of shows that get terrible ratings. WAAAY worse than New Girl. New Girl is amazing next to Two and a Half Men, but Two and a Half Men blows it out of the water, rating-wise.

New Zooey is a bit too much quirkitude, I have to agree. I'm starting to prefer Lizzy Caplin. She's kind of got the same style, but with an attitude I find a bit more tolerable in the long-term.

Noir

Ti-strong. I'd say INTP. My brother is an INTP and is into linguistics and stuff she mentions (as is my INFJ brother - but I get a stronger INTP vibe from her). She is very awkward in interviews, though amiable.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't believe no one is suggesting INFP!!

You just did.

... I like quirk, mostly, but this was some industrial-strength quirk. Like, annoying, laying-it-on-with-a-trowel, Kristen Chenoweth-level self-conscious "charm."

Hmmm. That's a good point about Kristen. She does seem too aware of her own quirk (like when I've seen her on Glee, etc.)

It's rather forced.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm surprised no one has taken her lyrics into consideration. :shock: Almost every song she's written is about romance and relationships in some way or another.

I'd say IXFP, leaning towards ISFP.

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
am i the only one who finds her extremely irritating? i hate her whole quirky girl with bangs shtick and she just plays some variation on herself in every role. plus those fucking cotton commercials.

I feel the exact same way about her. She's awful.

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
those iphone commercials have made it so much worse. "hey siri, is it raining??" LOOK OUT THE WINDOW, BITCH.

I haven't even seen that commercial because I tend to avoid anything with her in it. I don't know why but she is one the my absolute least favorite celebrities of all time.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think she's an extraverted perceiver at all (Te or Fe). If she's a female Ti-dom user in Hollywood, I'd be really impressed with her ability to continue marching to her own beat. As a inferior Fe user myself, I think I'd probably self-destruct in the spot light -- but maybe I have especially crappy Fe or something.

So that leads me to believe she is an Fi user, a dominant Fi user at that, so IxFP. I don't really have a strong opinion as to N or F. I know several incredibly quirky ISFPs and, as I said earlier, she marches to her own beat like any awesome Se user would.

However, I had an INFP best friend growing up. She was also really, really quirky. On the outside, she was really sarcastic, forward, laid-back, and sometimes acted like a tough chick -- if you didn't know her very well, you might not see Fi at all. I could see some initially typing her as an INTP.

Just because she reminds me so much of that best friend, I'm going with INFP for now. Definitely not ruling out ISFP though.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, I just want to say it's not that I don't believe there are female IXTPs in Hollywood, I just don't think they'd act like that. I would imagine IXTPs in Hollywood pretty much have to fly under the radar for self-preservation.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Zooey Deschanel's MBTI = SLUT

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, I just want to say it's not that I don't believe there are female IXTPs in Hollywood, I just don't think they'd act like that. I would imagine IXTPs in Hollywood pretty much have to fly under the radar for self-preservation.

Examples of females ISTP in Hollywood:

Scarlett Johansson, Julia Roberts, Ellen Page

Examples of females INTP in Hollywood:

Tina Fey, Sigourney Weaver