User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Zooey Deschanel

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I dig her, I've had a bit of an obsession without her since I saw her in Hitchhikers. Parker Posey is awesome also, Partygirl.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You could always take 5 seconds and read her IMDB page, at least just to get a better feel for her, instead of just taking wild shots at her sexuality.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0221046/bio
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    "Is a big fan of actress Parker Posey."

Wow! I happened to like them both (and a little obsessed) when I was in college. Surprising!
    "Fan of Parker Posey" is clearly code for "lesbian".

Don't understand what's so great about this actor, whether her acting skills or her appearance. Both are tepid at best.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    Same here! I've always felt she's one of those actress that has been overlooked ever since her superb performance from All the Real Girls

Though from this short video, I had more of an ENFJ vibe from her: [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKzV0yQe0EU"]Deschanel's Happy Dance[/YOUTUBE]
    She gives me ESFJ vibes here.

I know a lot of guys who think she's very attractive. She's the hipster pin-up. She's not my type tho.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Did you notice like me that most part of people who said she is attractive were girlz? That's very meaningful, I think.
    Yeah, Zooey is a very attractive and approachable girl crush for a straight girl. I forgot who said it (either someone I know IRL or I read somewhere) but she's the kind of girl straight girls would turn queer for. I think she had a movie coming up with another actress (Rashida Jones?) and they were supposed to be in an on screen romance.

I think part of the appeal is that Zooey's characters are very girly and approachable and seems fun (aka 'manic pixie girl') but all soft edges - the kind of girl that straight girls may actually want to be like and/or be besties with if that makes sense. She's certainly a non threatening choice for a girl crush. She's kinda a poster child for the um...ethos?...displayed in Anthropologie ads. It also reminds me of one of the okcupid blog articles on how the mythology/self-advertising of white women often involved horses and the countryside even though most of the women using these words in their profiles had never actually ridden a horse or lived anywhere near a farm or the countryside. But, it's that kind of ethos that is romanticized...appealing? Zooey's style and vibe is definitely much more rustic than country, including her music and yes, those 'damned cotton commercials' so to me that stands out. Basically I think her fans would call her 'charming'.

As a queer woman she's not my style. To each their own!

Also...how is that actually meaningful M. Gavroche?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

I know lots of guys that think she's gorgeous/the perfect woman. But she is very girlcrush friendly, as well. I'm truly surprised that some of the guys in this thread are saying she's not that attractive, though. I mean, fine, if she's not your type, but really, you don't think she's attractive at all? You must have super-high standards.

Edited to add this quote from the upcoming February issue of Allure from Zooey:

On being more like Jess than most of the other characters she's played:
    "Because I have brown hair and a low voice, I would get cast as dry, sarcastic, ironic people, which I can do, but it's not my sense of humor. I'm a very positive person. I get excited easily, and I like to jump around."
    Definitely non-INTPish there.

I agree with Jennifer--I can't decide whether I'm feeling ENFJ or ISFP.
    Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I know lots of guys that think she's gorgeous/the perfect woman. But she is very girlcrush friendly, as well. I'm truly surprised that some of the guys in this thread are saying she's not that attractive, though. I mean, fine, if she's not your type, but really, you don't think she's attractive at all? You must have super-high standards.

Edited to add this quote from the upcoming February issue of Allure from Zooey:

Definitely non-INTPish there.

I agree with Jennifer--I can't decide whether I'm feeling ENFJ or ISFP.
    I too have noted the "ho hum" responses from the males in my social circle towards her. I'm surprised. I think she's cute, if not overexposed. As far as I can tell, she's just too "white bread" for the modern palate, which is the abrupt result of a cross-cultural orgy of aesthetic appeal simultaneously evolving as its whizzing across the internet. /JadedInternetYouthTheory
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I too have noted the "ho hum" responses from the males in my social circle towards her. I'm surprised. I think she's cute, if not overexposed. As far as I can tell, she's just too "white bread" for the modern palate, which is the abrupt result of a cross-cultural orgy of aesthetic appeal simultaneously evolving as its whizzing across the internet. /JadedInternetYouthTheory
    Hmmm, maybe too "wholesome"? I think that's why women respond to her so well as she's relatable. They also like her fashion which is practically Amish by FHM standards. She's the opposite end of the girl crush spectrum, Angelina Jolie being on the other end.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Hmm, her fashion choices may explain why some guys don't like her. She does tend to dress retro almost all the time. She definitely dresses for herself and for other women rather than men. I find that really refreshing, though, because I'm really tired of every 20-something in Hollywood having to prove how sexy they are 24/7. It gets old.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Unsubstantiated hypothesis:

I think she's one of those SFPs who makes use of Ni from her developing environment (sort of like how @Halla says he's got a number of J qualities layering his SP essence mostly from his dad?). I'd type her as an ISFP who took "Ni" from her environment and used that to create her SPness. I hypothesize she was raised by xNxJs who knew how to respect the SP personality and they were all the better off for it.

/MBTI bullshitting late at night
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis