• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zooey Deschanel

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dig her, I've had a bit of an obsession without her since I saw her in Hitchhikers. Parker Posey is awesome also, Partygirl.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

rav3n

Don't understand what's so great about this actor, whether her acting skills or her appearance. Both are tepid at best.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Same here! I've always felt she's one of those actress that has been overlooked ever since her superb performance from All the Real Girls

Though from this short video, I had more of an ENFJ vibe from her: [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKzV0yQe0EU"]Deschanel's Happy Dance[/YOUTUBE]

She gives me ESFJ vibes here.

I know a lot of guys who think she's very attractive. She's the hipster pin-up. She's not my type tho.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Did you notice like me that most part of people who said she is attractive were girlz? That's very meaningful, I think.

Yeah, Zooey is a very attractive and approachable girl crush for a straight girl. I forgot who said it (either someone I know IRL or I read somewhere) but she's the kind of girl straight girls would turn queer for. I think she had a movie coming up with another actress (Rashida Jones?) and they were supposed to be in an on screen romance.

I think part of the appeal is that Zooey's characters are very girly and approachable and seems fun (aka 'manic pixie girl') but all soft edges - the kind of girl that straight girls may actually want to be like and/or be besties with if that makes sense. She's certainly a non threatening choice for a girl crush. She's kinda a poster child for the um...ethos?...displayed in Anthropologie ads. It also reminds me of one of the okcupid blog articles on how the mythology/self-advertising of white women often involved horses and the countryside even though most of the women using these words in their profiles had never actually ridden a horse or lived anywhere near a farm or the countryside. But, it's that kind of ethos that is romanticized...appealing? Zooey's style and vibe is definitely much more rustic than country, including her music and yes, those 'damned cotton commercials' so to me that stands out. Basically I think her fans would call her 'charming'.

As a queer woman :shrug: she's not my style. To each their own!

Also...how is that actually meaningful M. Gavroche? :thelook:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I know lots of guys that think she's gorgeous/the perfect woman. But she is very girlcrush friendly, as well. I'm truly surprised that some of the guys in this thread are saying she's not that attractive, though. I mean, fine, if she's not your type, but really, you don't think she's attractive at all? You must have super-high standards.

Edited to add this quote from the upcoming February issue of Allure from Zooey:

On being more like Jess than most of the other characters she's played:
"Because I have brown hair and a low voice, I would get cast as dry, sarcastic, ironic people, which I can do, but it's not my sense of humor. I'm a very positive person. I get excited easily, and I like to jump around."

Definitely non-INTPish there.

I agree with Jennifer--I can't decide whether I'm feeling ENFJ or ISFP.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know lots of guys that think she's gorgeous/the perfect woman. But she is very girlcrush friendly, as well. I'm truly surprised that some of the guys in this thread are saying she's not that attractive, though. I mean, fine, if she's not your type, but really, you don't think she's attractive at all? You must have super-high standards.

Edited to add this quote from the upcoming February issue of Allure from Zooey:

Definitely non-INTPish there.

I too have noted the "ho hum" responses from the males in my social circle towards her. I'm surprised. I think she's cute, if not overexposed. As far as I can tell, she's just too "white bread" for the modern palate, which is the abrupt result of a cross-cultural orgy of aesthetic appeal simultaneously evolving as its whizzing across the internet. /JadedInternetYouthTheory

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I too have noted the "ho hum" responses from the males in my social circle towards her. I'm surprised. I think she's cute, if not overexposed. As far as I can tell, she's just too "white bread" for the modern palate, which is the abrupt result of a cross-cultural orgy of aesthetic appeal simultaneously evolving as its whizzing across the internet. /JadedInternetYouthTheory

Hmmm, maybe too "wholesome"? I think that's why women respond to her so well as she's relatable. They also like her fashion which is practically Amish by FHM standards. She's the opposite end of the girl crush spectrum, Angelina Jolie being on the other end.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Hmm, her fashion choices may explain why some guys don't like her. She does tend to dress retro almost all the time. She definitely dresses for herself and for other women rather than men. I find that really refreshing, though, because I'm really tired of every 20-something in Hollywood having to prove how sexy they are 24/7. It gets old.

Usehername

On a mission
Unsubstantiated hypothesis:

I think she's one of those SFPs who makes use of Ni from her developing environment (sort of like how @Halla says he's got a number of J qualities layering his SP essence mostly from his dad?). I'd type her as an ISFP who took "Ni" from her environment and used that to create her SPness. I hypothesize she was raised by xNxJs who knew how to respect the SP personality and they were all the better off for it.

/MBTI bullshitting late at night

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I find her HAWT! I dunno where you guys got the NT stuff from. A pinhole camera isn't exactly a lot to pin her personality from. She gives me a very NF vibe. ISFP is possible though (honorary NF's anyways).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's not a Fi-dom. Lacking the intensity/vulnerability. Her previous characters did imply Ti-dom, but if she's like her TV show character, then I'd go with ENFJ.

Oh, she was married to the Death Cab for Cutie Guy who seems INFP. That makes sense....

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Unsubstantiated hypothesis:

/MBTI bullshitting late at night

uggh, is that what we're going to be doing in 30 years? Instead of sitting around drinking and talking about guys and life and our personal successes and growth, we'll just be MBTI'ing celebrities? Auuuggh...!

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know lots of guys that think she's gorgeous/the perfect woman.

Weird.

I'm truly surprised that some of the guys in this thread are saying she's not that attractive, though. I mean, fine, if she's not your type, but really, you don't think she's attractive at all?

No, I don't fund her attractive at all. And I don't know if she's gay or not, but she clearly don't like cock too much. If I was at bed with her, I would read a book or play video games or something, I would'nt think seriously about sex. I give her 4,5/10.

You must have super-high standards.

Milla Jovovich: http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&c...source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=dGkZT5nUHsXoOezoyLgL
Mila Kunis: http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&c....,cf.osb&fp=87f2f4e268d0922a&biw=1366&bih=589
Rihanna: http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&c....,cf.osb&fp=87f2f4e268d0922a&biw=1366&bih=589
Emma Stone: http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&c....,cf.osb&fp=87f2f4e268d0922a&biw=1366&bih=589
Evan Rachel Wood: http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&c....,cf.osb&fp=87f2f4e268d0922a&biw=1366&bih=589
Brittany Murphy: http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&c....,cf.osb&fp=87f2f4e268d0922a&biw=1366&bih=589
Amanda Bynes: http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&c....,cf.osb&fp=87f2f4e268d0922a&biw=1366&bih=589
Lindsay Lohan: http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&c....,cf.osb&fp=87f2f4e268d0922a&biw=1366&bih=589
Beyoncé: http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&c....,cf.osb&fp=87f2f4e268d0922a&biw=1366&bih=589
Courtney Love: http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&c....,cf.osb&fp=87f2f4e268d0922a&biw=1366&bih=589
Paula Abdul: http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&c....,cf.osb&fp=d0f0f8c14e852a96&biw=1366&bih=589

Theses are examples of my standards.:yes: :wink:

I got the impression that she is Fi-aux, I'd say she is ENFP.

wolfy

awsm
I only watched a few seconds. She bought Withnail and I on DVD. Must be okay. What type? I don't know.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I find her quite attractive. She just errs on the side of cute, not hot (which tends to be more obvious/raw in terms of sex appeal), and some guys probably aren't so much for that.

No, I don't fund her attractive at all. And I don't know if she's gay or not, but she clearly don't like cock too much.
Gotta agree with [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION]. That's a pretty baseless assumption. I mean, I'll give you that she doesn't dress as provocatively as some other stars and, I guess, doesn't talk openly about "liking cock," but I don't know how much that informs what her sexual appetite is.

Brittany Murphy

She been dead.

Also this is my 1,000th post. So... yay?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

Okay, that definitely explains why you don't like Zooey. You seem to like the overtly sexy, almost-or-outright dangerous, bad girl (and in the cases of a few on the list, like Lindsey, Paula, and Courtney, borderline nuts) type. :D Women with more of an edge or at least some unpredictability. Zooey is definitely more cutesy/vanilla compared to most on that list. She's not overtly sexual, but she's not exactly androgenous, either. But I now get a much clearer picture of where you're coming from in finding her attractive or not. She is most definitely not your type.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She's not a Fi-dom. Lacking the intensity/vulnerability. Her previous characters did imply Ti-dom, but if she's like her TV show character, then I'd go with ENFJ.

Oh, she was married to the Death Cab for Cutie Guy who seems INFP. That makes sense....

don't know her tv show, but this is what i think as well. i actually kind of think 1w2 enfj.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, it seems pretty clear Zooey doesn't give a darn about conforming to the image of a Hollywood starlet at this point, or appeasing the sexual proclivities of the male population her age, she'd rather do her own thing and be herself even if it costs her.

I got the impression that she is Fi-aux, I'd say she is ENFP.

Glad to see you're putting a lot of thought into this, to whit your earlier comment:

I find her barely average looking and boring honestly...
She looks like Katty Pery. Maybe she 6w7 So/Sp? Or Sp/So? INTP sounds right.

Sounds like you're just firing wildly with your type shotgun into the air, hoping to get lucky. I think I know more at this point about what sort of women you find hot than what Zooey's type is... and not even that list really surprised me.