• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sauron's type

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I'm thinking he's an NT because his plans are well thought out. He accounted for many contingencies, giving his opponents very few tactical options. The fact that he didn't predict the destruction of the ring doesn't make him a sensor, only stupid.

I don't think he's an NTP, since he doesn't live with his parents and he's actually executing his plan. So that would make him an NTJ.

I'm not sure if he's an extrovert or introvert. Did Tolkien write any stories about Sauron's teenage or early adult life?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sauron is a Maiar, a powerful immortal entity. I don't think he ever was a teenager, lat :D

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I take it no one disagrees with my assessment.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Which is the most likely type to become an evil witch king and try to control the whole world?

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, but which type gets all emo over a really cool tech toy that can do all sorts of neat things? I say, Sauron is INTJ. Because it's not just a ring - it's a Super Weapon!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd actually say ENTJ, since he doesn't just conjure up a few plans and make someone else do his bidding, he actually directs stuff himself. He fights at the forefront.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
^ I was going to say something like that. Yes, ENTJ.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
It has been awhile since I read the Silmarrilion...basically Sauron as a maia was Morgoth's toady...right? So Morgoth gets whacked and the seat is left empty...So maybe Sauron isn't really competent? Just tryin' to be the big evil dude since his promotion in the field so to speak. Sure he is tricky and malicious...but he seems to underestimate the enemy. Maybe since he just fell into the job he figures he's "all that and a barrel of longbottom leaf" when actually he will never be as awful as Morgoth? He doesn't seem to see the big picture...

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
About five hundred years into the Second Age, Sauron reappeared. "Bereft of his lord...[he] fell into the folly of imitating him."[24] "Very slowly, beginning with fair motives: the reorganizing and rehabilitation of Middle-earth, 'neglected by the gods,' he becomes a reincarnation of Evil, and a thing lusting for Complete Power," eventually rising to become "master and god of Men."[17]

As for Sauron's "fair motives", Tolkien emphasized that at this time he "was not indeed wholly evil, not unless all 'reformers' who want to hurry up with 'reconstruction' and 'reorganization' are wholly evil, even before pride and the lust to exert their will eat them up".[25] "[T]hough the only real good in, or rational motive for, all this ordering and planning and organization was the good of all inhabitants of Arda (even admitting Sauron's right to be their supreme lord), his 'plans', the idea coming from his own isolated mind, became the sole object of his will, and an end, the End, in itself. ... [H]is capability of corrupting other minds, and even engaging their service, was a residue from the fact that his original desire for 'order' had really envisaged the good estate (especially physical well-being) of his 'subjects'."[26]

In his early career as an independent power, Sauron did bring material wealth to his subjects: "He made himself a great king in the midst of the earth, and was at first well-seeming and just and his rule was of benefit to all men in their needs of the body; for he made them rich, whoso would serve him. But those who would not were driven into the waste places... [He desired] to be both a king over all kings and as a god to men. And slowly his power moved north and south, and ever westward."[27]

ideas from nowhere? sounds like Ni to me

+

After joining his new master in Middle-earth, he proved to be a devoted and capable servant: “While Morgoth still stood, Sauron did not seek his own supremacy, but worked and schemed for another, desiring the triumph of Melkor, whom in the beginning he had adored. He thus was often able to achieve things, first conceived by Melkor, which his master did not or could not complete in the furious haste of his malice.”[19] “In all the deeds of Melkor the Morgoth upon Arda, in his vast works and in the deceits of his cunning, Sauron had a part.”[20]

dominant Te

+

Following the voyage of Eärendil to the Blessed Realm, the Valar finally moved against Morgoth. In the resulting War of Wrath, the Dark Lord was defeated and cast into the Outer Void beyond the world. But "Sauron fled from the Great Battle and escaped."[22]

Shocked by the overthrow of his master, Sauron repented (truly at first, if only out of fear). He assumed his most beautiful form and approached Eönwë, emissary of the Valar, who however could not pardon a Maia like himself. Through Eönwë, Manwë as Lord of the Valar "commanded Sauron to come before him for judgement, but [he] had left room for repentance and ultimate rehabilitation."[23] Thus Sauron now had a genuine chance of rejoining the forces of good, but he would obviously risk being sentenced to long servitude as proof of his good will. Having wielded great power under Morgoth, Sauron was unwilling to face this humiliation, and so hid in Middle-earth.

inferior Fi

my vote is for ENTJ