• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pink Floyd members

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
I would have guessed that there would be a lot of Pink Floyd fans around here, this being an N dominated forum, but I haven't seen much talk about them.

Maybe some of you would be interested in discussing the members types though. I'll start with my fairly confident guess:

Roger Waters: INTP

David Gilmour: INFJ

Richard Wright: ISFP

Nick Mason: ESTP

Will anyone challenge my claims?

(I'm neither very informed nor interested in the whole Syd Barrett deal but for those who are feel free to include him(which I’m sure you would do anyway))

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
I'm the biggest PF fan you'll ever meet. I've never cared that much about knowing or discussing their personality traits, though.

Are you creative yourself ? PM me about some ideas I have regarding music and PF that don't fit into the discussions here that much.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'll definitely agree with INTP for Roger Waters.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oooh, oooh! I know Nick Mason! His daughter's an INFP and a close friend of mine!
He's ESTP, fo' sho'.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Oooh, oooh! I know Nick Mason! His daughter's an INFP and a close friend of mine!
Are you kidding ? Have you ever spoken with him ?

Too bad about Rick.

2mzz9n4.jpg

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
Too bad about Rick.

Yes, his death really got to me on an emotional level like passings do not usually do. He was a person I instinctively felt great empaty with. It's fantastic to see him talk about his compositions in the DSOTM documentary and I find it inspiring and uplifting to see old 70s studio footage of him.

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
plus, they all looked great in the 70s, especially Rick and David

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Roger Waters: INTP

J not P. he hasn't behaved the way a P would when it came to avoiding conflict, and it looks more like he leads with N and follows it up with T.

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
By listening to him speak I'm about 100% sure he's a P. The behaviour you talk about, I think, is due to traits of his that the MBTI system does not measure. Complexes and issues he has acquired from his unique experiences.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
is syd barrett an infp or infj? (guessing infp?) i don't know much about him. also, elsewhere people have typed gilmour as intp too, is that not correct?

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
also, elsewhere people have typed gilmour as intp too, is that not correct?

Of course I have no evidence, but I certainly don't think he's INTP, and I'm still confident in my typing him as an INFJ. Aren't just the clothes a J give away here?
Their different talents, I think, is what made their music and the experience of listening to it so complete.

What do you think?
Is he like me or you?

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think Roger Waters was probably a J given his reported penchant for being controlling. David Gilmour definitely seems INFx but I could see either way in that regard. I don't know enough about Nick Mason and Rick Wright to make any kind of judgment, but Syd Barret, who I see frequently typed as INFP, seems like he could fit almost any NP on a given day, but given his erratic, schizophrenic behavior, it's difficult for me to say.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Waters = ENTJ

I don't know enough about the others to say.

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
I think Roger Waters was probably a J given his reported penchant for being controlling.

Don't believe INTPs can't get very controlling when angry.
INTPs usually don't like to take charge, but when pushed to the point where they feel something has to be done they are relentless.

Waters = ENTJ

So we agree that he's an NT. Now watch this

That ain't no ENTJ.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Don't believe INTPs can't get very controlling when angry.
INTPs usually don't like to take charge, but when pushed to the point where they feel something has to be done they are relentless.

Sure, a good friend of mine, who coincidentally is an INTP AND a bassist definitely exhibits that from time to time. But I doubt Waters was angry often enough to take complete control to the extent that he did, alienating Gilmour to the point that The Final Cut was essentially a solo album. My vote is for INTJ, but I think his aloofness and spaciness is what points to INTP.

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
Sure, a good friend of mine, who coincidentally is an INTP AND a bassist definitely exhibits that from time to time. But I doubt Waters was angry often enough to take complete control to the extent that he did, alienating Gilmour to the point that The Final Cut was essentially a solo album. My vote is for INTJ, but I think his aloofness and spaciness is what points to INTP.

I'll just start by quoting my own response to just about the same statements, made by someone else some time ago.

The behaviour you talk about, I think, is due to traits of his that the MBTI system does not measure. Complexes and issues he has acquired from his unique experiences.

Also, I believe aggressions and frustrations sufficient to provoke such behavior could be sustained over long periods of time. Easily years.
Having said that, I'm of course not 100% sure he's INTP (even if I exaggerated and said that before). It is only my imperfect intuition that tells me that, and I'm sure yours is as good as mine.:)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't feel extremely confident about my reaction, but i see intj more than intp. he has a much more intj face, and i would tertiary and not inferior feeling. his comments at the end of the interview, along with where he seems to be in his performance, all indicate this to me. my second guess would be entp.

what's his enneagram?

waters does seem more chart-the-course to me. if someone steps out of line, he's going to find a way to re-route them.

my best guess for gilmour so far is isfp.

i'm also thinking that younger waters does look more intp. he doesn't blink. and when he's fucked up, he has that kind of intp fucking with you quality. it's funny.