MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Sture View Post
    Roger Waters: INTP
    J not P. he hasn't behaved the way a P would when it came to avoiding conflict, and it looks more like he leads with N and follows it up with T.
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Hah

By listening to him speak I'm about 100% sure he's a P. The behaviour you talk about, I think, is due to traits of his that the MBTI system does not measure. Complexes and issues he has acquired from his unique experiences.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

is syd barrett an infp or infj? (guessing infp?) i don't know much about him. also, elsewhere people have typed gilmour as intp too, is that not correct?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Hah

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    also, elsewhere people have typed gilmour as intp too, is that not correct?
    Of course I have no evidence, but I certainly don't think he's INTP, and I'm still confident in my typing him as an INFJ. Aren't just the clothes a J give away here?
    Their different talents, I think, is what made their music and the experience of listening to it so complete.

What do you think?
    Is he like me or you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think Roger Waters was probably a J given his reported penchant for being controlling. David Gilmour definitely seems INFx but I could see either way in that regard. I don't know enough about Nick Mason and Rick Wright to make any kind of judgment, but Syd Barret, who I see frequently typed as INFP, seems like he could fit almost any NP on a given day, but given his erratic, schizophrenic behavior, it's difficult for me to say.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Waters = ENTJ

I don't know enough about the others to say.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Hah

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinGreen View Post
    I think Roger Waters was probably a J given his reported penchant for being controlling.
    Don't believe INTPs can't get very controlling when angry.
    INTPs usually don't like to take charge, but when pushed to the point where they feel something has to be done they are relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Waters = ENTJ
    So we agree that he's an NT. Now watch this

That ain't no ENTJ.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Don't believe INTPs can't get very controlling when angry.
    INTPs usually don't like to take charge, but when pushed to the point where they feel something has to be done they are relentless.
    Sure, a good friend of mine, who coincidentally is an INTP AND a bassist definitely exhibits that from time to time. But I doubt Waters was angry often enough to take complete control to the extent that he did, alienating Gilmour to the point that The Final Cut was essentially a solo album. My vote is for INTJ, but I think his aloofness and spaciness is what points to INTP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Hah

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinGreen View Post
    Sure, a good friend of mine, who coincidentally is an INTP AND a bassist definitely exhibits that from time to time. But I doubt Waters was angry often enough to take complete control to the extent that he did, alienating Gilmour to the point that The Final Cut was essentially a solo album. My vote is for INTJ, but I think his aloofness and spaciness is what points to INTP.
    I'll just start by quoting my own response to just about the same statements, made by someone else some time ago.

The behaviour you talk about, I think, is due to traits of his that the MBTI system does not measure. Complexes and issues he has acquired from his unique experiences.
    Also, I believe aggressions and frustrations sufficient to provoke such behavior could be sustained over long periods of time. Easily years.
    Having said that, I'm of course not 100% sure he's INTP (even if I exaggerated and said that before). It is only my imperfect intuition that tells me that, and I'm sure yours is as good as mine.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i don't feel extremely confident about my reaction, but i see intj more than intp. he has a much more intj face, and i would tertiary and not inferior feeling. his comments at the end of the interview, along with where he seems to be in his performance, all indicate this to me. my second guess would be entp.

what's his enneagram?

waters does seem more chart-the-course to me. if someone steps out of line, he's going to find a way to re-route them.

my best guess for gilmour so far is isfp.

i'm also thinking that younger waters does look more intp. he doesn't blink. and when he's fucked up, he has that kind of intp fucking with you quality. it's funny.