User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Michel Foucault

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    ENTJ is less annoying to me because I can sense where they're headed and debate easier. INTPs are more annoying because I can't see where they're headed as easily, and I'm not good with improvisational rebuttals.
    The rebuttals of NTJ's are what annoy me most. Lots of backpedaling, no concessions get made, sometimes they will cling to small irrelevant pockets of logic and avoid the real points, you can tell sometimes that they know they're probably wrong and are bullshitting.... I guess NTPs will do all this sometimes too.

And it's true about not knowing where INTPs will go in debate, I'm one and I can't usually tell.

MBTI
    nnnn

I read something by Foucault a week ago and I was like "Ni". You can also really see that NTJ intensity in the video.

Oh and panda bear: what constitutes the point that should be made may differ for NTJs vs. NTPs. (no concessions )

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Well-defended arguments.

Very well positioned - especially Foucault's. Chomsky's level of finesse in fielding Foucault's complex, multi-layered inquiry is enviable.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i think entj makes a lot of sense, but i'm shocked. i assumed entp before. i will have to reinterpret what self-fashioning to foucault means in an entj context. Te Ni makes so much sense in terms of his understandings of teh ways in which power circulates throughout a discourse objectively, and that all interior space is almost totally defined by the objective relationships and institutional power structures that, in discourse, create and locate our little cross-sectional sense of self.

yet i'm still surprised. it makes sense with his relationship to heidegger's work. and nietzsche. he has that crazy i know i'm right look in his eye (inferior Fi?) where chomsky is all Ti in his application and understanding of the positions being taken in the discourse. and that i can invent my way out of a paper bag with the facts at-hand. reminds me of intp friends.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i'd just like to reiterate entj.

inspired by intj nietzsche. i told my friend today it's like a young tom riddle reading nietzsche and turning himself into lord voldemort. this is the nietzschean laugh that marks foucaults destruction of epistemology, and of the meaning structures we use to justify our practices (aka ethics). foucualt is a death eater.

power in foucualt's work is a swirling metaphysical substance that only exists in manifestations. seems very inescapable Ni metaphysic. power is, for foucualt, synonymous with Being. it is the substance of existence. a great undulating metereological mass of relations that form the very fabric of all energy, matter, thought in the universe. the foundation of practice and of history.