User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP

Default What Type is Disney's Mulan?

Usually everyone uses the easy cop out of calling disney heroes ExFP. I actually doubt it here.

Anyone have a clue?

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

NiFe.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

AWSM

Actually, now that you've said it, ESFP doesn't sound too bad for Mulan. I have to think it over. Clever, loyal. Not really a planner. Independent.

(And most Disney heroes aren't really EXFP. Off the top of my head: Wall-E:IxFP. Woody:ISFJ. That ant in A Bug's Life: IXXX. Belle: INFJ. Cinderella:ISFJ. Arthur:IXFP. Simba: INFP. Mickey:ESFJ. The racing car in Cars:ESTP. I'll give you Aladdin and Ariel.)

MBTI
    ENFP

I would say ISTP hands down. This girl is a DOER, there's no doubt about that. And she wields the sword like an ISTP, as well as choosing to go into battle, which is a trait I could see easily in an ISTP. But I haven't seen the movie since it came out, I'm just using these general traits. A real hardass if I remember properly.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    I would say ISTP hands down. This girl is a DOER, there's no doubt about that. And she wields the sword like an ISTP, as well as choosing to go into battle, which is a trait I could see easily in an ISTP. But I haven't seen the movie since it came out, I'm just using these general traits. A real hardass if I remember properly.
    I doubt she's ISTP, due to her inherent social sensitivity -- she's got a lot of Fe that feels natural, not learned.

Which leads me more to the INFJ read. INFJ females can often come off like Sensors due to the Fe, if you don't know them. She likes closure, is dutiful, does her best to honor her family/father, and yet she really thinks outside the box -- her Fe nature seems pit against her tendency to see what must be done regardless of the rules (the Ni).

Remember, the ISTP will interact primarily through Se as their major extroverted function; Mulan is obviously much more Fe (the IxFJ) type in the secondary position, her extraverted function, than Se.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Remember, the ISTP will interact primarily through Se as their major extroverted function; Mulan is obviously much more Fe (the IxFJ) type in the secondary position, her extraverted function, than Se.
    I don't remember the movie, but I guess a main character in a disney movie would work best with F anyways.
    Kids don't want to watch Ti for 90 minutes.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    I don't remember the movie, but I guess a main character in a disney movie would work best with F anyways.
    Kids don't want to watch Ti for 90 minutes.
    lol, all right, that's funny.

Usually the Ti guy is the quirky scientist in movies like this... but often they end up being ENTP because that type is so much more animated.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I agree. INFJ was my inital theory. She's no extrovert.
    4w5 sp