User Tag List

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ Gone With The Wind ~

^ Thank you for your weigh in, BlueMonday.

Negotiator/Explorer Array Amargith's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx

Watching the movie right now (I know, so girly ) and I'm wondering about the types in the movie. Scarlett was still up for debate in this thread and I'd also love to hear what people think of Belle Watson, as well as some of the other characters
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default Gone with the Wind

I just watched this movie for like the gazillionth time with my roommate. I read the book back in high school too. It's one of my guilty pleasures...

Scarlett O'Hara: ESTP
    Rhett Butler: ENTP (though the movie version has some ESTP areas)
    Ashley Wilkes: INFJ
    Melanie Hamilton: ISFJ
    Mammy: ESFJ
    Mrs. O'Hara: ENFJ
    Mr. O'Hara: ENFP (this is a lot more evident in the book than the movie)
    Suellen: ESTJ
    Careen: INFP
    Charles Hamilton: ISFP
    Aunt Pittypat: ISTJ
    Frank Kennedy: ISFJ
    Belle Watling: ENFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I read it in my early teens; totally fell in love. Can't watch or read it again though, otherwise it'd ruin it. The sequel sucks.

Rhett: what about ENTJ?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    I read it in my early teens; totally fell in love. Can't watch or read it again though, otherwise it'd ruin it. The sequel sucks.
    I'm not even going to bother with the sequel. MM didn't even write it...just seems silly to me.

Rhett: what about ENTJ?
    No way. ENTJs are leaders who rely on optimizing and structuring the world around them in a way that will efficiently accomplish their goals.

Rhett, on the other hand, is whimsical and has no real goals outside of having fun. He seems to be completely adverse to structure and power and lives according to a "live and let live" agenda. He just wants people to stay out of his way enough for him to fulfill his own interests/desires, and he gains basically every one of his desires by just winging it.

I don't see any Te from him at all. Just a lot of Pe.

Not Changing My Name Array ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Rhett is an ENTP. It's pretty obvious IMO. I love this story!
    love love love! I know you said you didn't want to read the sequel (Scarlett?)
    But I read and own "Rhett Butler's People" which is Gone With The Wind and slightly afterwards from the perspective of Rhett. I loved it! If you have the chance, I believe it is worth the read
    Or I could be totally wrong and you'll hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

i love gone with the wind!!!

lab rat extraordinaire Array CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Melanie Wilkes is INFX, IMHO. It's stated fairly on in the book, the Wilkes and Hamiltons inhabit a bit of a dream world. I can't exactly say for Charles Hamilton....likey to be an NF too. Bear in mind I'm typing straight from the book.
    Aunt Pittypat is no T either, what with her fainting spells, and dramatics.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Melanie Wilkes is INFX, IMHO. It's stated fairly on in the book, the Wilkes and Hamiltons inhabit a bit of a dream world. I can't exactly say for Charles Hamilton....likey to be an NF too. Bear in mind I'm typing straight from the book.
    Aunt Pittypat is no T either, what with her fainting spells, and dramatics.
    I think the book version of Melanie is much more INFJ while the movie version is ISFJ (she is definitely no where near INFP though; she's all Fe). The movie makes Melanie look like an oblivious fool who consistently lets Scarlett take advantage of her compassion. Ni doms would see right through that, while Si doms would be a lot less willing to let go of their original impressions of someone, especially if the first impression is a good one.

The book, on the other hand, makes it seem like Melanie is much more aware of Scarlett's ill opinion of Melanie and her romantic interests in Ashley, and in general, Melanie understands Scarlett's perspective much more. In the book, Melanie seems to try to be the bigger person and maintain compassion towards anyone, despite Scarlett's ill opinion of her.

re: Aunt Pittypat:

Just because faint starts with the letter "F" doesn't mean you have to be an F to faint. That's a silly argument.

She gets worked up easily whenever attention is drawn to herself and something disrupts her typical daily life's structure. She is opposed to novelty and thrives on security and playing it safe (Si).

Thinking about it, I could see a case for ISFJ if you were to associate her constant anxiety over her reputation and maintaining others' proper perceptions of her with Fe. However, saying she faints and is thus not a T is a bit silly. Her fainting spells are consistently due to Si, which is a function of both T and F types.

I thought I saw Te in her with how structured and organized she keeps her affairs and how worked up she gets at the idea of her life's structure being interrupted and losing control of the situation, but I could entertain the idea of an ISFJ as well.

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Pretty good...I think Melanie is an INFP in the book and Careen is ISFJ. Careen is disciplined where Melanie is actually pretty go-with-the-flow unless it comes to something she feels strongly about. I don't see Ne in Careen either.

I don't think Melanie and Ashley are the same type, and I agree he is INFJ. His INFJ is a great contrast to Scarlet's ESTP. It really emphasizes how opposite they are & why they have a weird draw to each other. Melanie has a light, playfulness to her at times that says Pe-aux to me though.

Now in the movie, she is more ISFJ. The book presents her as less saccharine.

Scarlett O'Hara: ESTP
    Rhett Butler: ENTP
    Ashley Wilkes: INFJ
    Melanie Hamilton: INFP
    Mammy: ESFJ
    Mrs. O'Hara: ENFJ - ? I can't remember her character...
    Mr. O'Hara: ENFP
    Suellen: ESTJ
    Careen: ISFJ
    Charles Hamilton: eSFP
    Aunt Pittypat: ISFJ
    Frank Kennedy: ISFJ
    Belle Watling: ESFP
    "Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind." - Proust,
    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive