User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Scarlett is definitely an S, going by the book, and an ST at that, she's pretty callous at times, so she's no F.
    Melinae, and Ashley are N (I can pull out quotes from the book, but I'm too tired tonight,) and as much as I hate to admit it they are probably both INFP in my opinion, although Melanie has decidedly more back bone than her husband.
    Rhett is an N, he had said that Ashley and himself actually had view points in common in the book. I lean toward ENTP myself, but ENTJ works too, I just see more Fe at work behind the scenes than Fi (i.e. trying to win over the confederate families for his daughter Bonnie's sake. If you've read the book, you'll see what I mean.)
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I think Scarlett is an ESTJ, I see Te/Fi balance with her. She navigates between a silly and irrational drama queen and an obsessive control freak. She's too much concerned about conventions to be ESFP though. So, ESTJ. She has the Cordelia Chase syndrom.

Scarlett: ESTJ 3w4 Sx/So
    Rhett: ENTJ 8w7 Sx/Sp

That's it.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I think Scarlett is an ESTJ, I see Te/Fi balance with her. She navigates between a silly and irrational drama queen and an obsessive control freak. She's too much concerned about conventions to be ESFP though. So, ESTJ. She has the Cordelia Chase syndrom.

Scarlett: ESTJ 3w4 Sx/So
    Rhett: ENTJ 8w7 Sx/Sp

That's it.
    Rhett, yes.
    Scarlett, NOOOOO! Scarlet is not SJ at all. she doesn't care at all about rules, traditions, social conventions or service. she's also self preservation to the core. she is going to survive and get what she wants. I don't see anything sx about her at all either and she only has a few 3-ish moments. 7 with a vicious 8 wing makes more sense. the times where she trully get's angry are when she isn't able to get what she wants. what scarlett really wants is money, power and luxury. when she's stressed, she becomes angry, critical, serious and hard nosed like a 1. I think she's ESTP 7w8 sp/so
    PS: Mammy is ESTJ, if you compare the 2, they are extremely different
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    An FP also wouldn't do something stupid like tell a whole room of Southerners why the Confederacy will lose the war, solely because he's right on the technical merits. That's absolutely an ENTP thing to do, as is joining the Confederate army regardless.

Finally, "Cheer up. Maybe you'll have an accident."
    Dude, I've done the equivalent of that - for SURE - especially when I'm pissed/think people are being retarded. And when I'm irked, I say ironic/sarcastic things like that. ENFP =/= Fe.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Rhett, yes.
    Scarlett, NOOOOO! Scarlet is not SJ at all. she doesn't care at all about rules, traditions, social conventions

Are you kidding with me? We've ever said how much she care aout conventions.

or service.

She was a nurse, and devoted to her family.

she's also self preservation to the core. she is going to survive and get what she wants.
    She care about survival and self-preservation only on extreme conditions, wich is a typycal self-pres last thing.

I don't see anything sx about her

Have you really watched the movie? Or even read the thread?

at all either and she only has a few 3-ish moments. 7 with a vicious 8 wing makes more sense. the times where she trully get's angry are when she isn't able to get what she wants.

Typycal 3 thing. Other than that, she is a typycal 3 whi set goals and reach them, she is very calculator, but have not issue with fear or escaping in alternatives options like 7s do.

what scarlett really wants is money, power and luxury.

As most part of Sx/So. Sp/So 7 want conforts, security and pleasant safety.

when she's stressed, she becomes angry, critical, serious and hard nosed like a 1.
    So, every time a person is angry, critical and serious, it is a connection to 1?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Dude, I've done the equivalent of that - for SURE - especially when I'm pissed/think people are being retarded. And when I'm irked, I say ironic/sarcastic things like that. ENFP =/= Fe.
    Rhett's also a mid-19th Century Southern man, dealing with social conventions that are very different from the ones we know. It's not necessarily what he said, but that he also fulfilled his social responsibility by joining the Army in spite of thinking it's a lost cause.

Borrowing from Beebe, this is where we look at oppositional archetypes - i.e., the shadow: both share the Ni opposing personality, but it's the use of Te in the Senex position that's telling here - it's about a war, and not in the Fe world of social interactions.

The important part about the miscarriage remark is what it responds to - Scarlett threatens his sense of social acceptance (i.e. the Puer tertiary Fe, "no woman would want a child of yours").

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

There absolutely, positively, no way IN HELL that Scarlett is ENFP.

She is also not an SJ. When she mentions her reputation, she's merely saying that a) she doesn't want to deal with people when it would be easier not to and b) trying to manipulate Rhett into leaving her alone. Think about the time she's living in! That answer would satisfy almost anyone else except an ENxx 8.

I still think he's an ENTJ character, and whoever said that he seems more F in the movie because of Clark Gable was brilliant.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ESTJ. ESTJs don't want to deal with people either because they are thinkers.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I think Scarlett is an ESTJ, I see Te/Fi balance with her. She navigates between a silly and irrational drama queen
    Easily Se-Fe.

and an obsessive control freak.
    Se-Fe manipulation & Ti precision/tactic.

--------

Based on the novel...

Scarlett - ESTP (how can she really be typed as anything else?)

Rhett - ENTJ, maybe ENTP...in the novel he downplays anything good he does, any of his noble intentions, which strikes me more as Fi than Fe. He's more calculating than spontaneous, more sardonic than silly. Seems more NJ than NP. As a side note, the way he speaks to Scarlett reminds me of Mr. Rochester in Jane Eyre (another ENTJ).

Melanie - ISFJ
    Ashley - INFJ

Mammy: ESTJ
    Mr. O'Hara: ESFP
    Charles Hamilton: ESFJ
    Frank Kennedy - ISFJ
    Belle Watling - ESFP, maybe ESTP
    Suellen - ESFJ
    Careen - ISFP
    Aunt Pittypat - ESFJ
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I'm not convinced. But what I retain from your post is that I can be a silly and irrational drama queen because I have Se and Fe and an obsessive control freak because I have Se, Fe and Ti. And I like that.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%