User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 124

  1. #91
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Melanie: INFX
    Ashley: INFX

    Scarlet: ESTP
    Rhett: EXTP


    Scarlett may not be the nicest character ever created... But I don't think she deserves the label conniving bitch. She does a ton for other people, like saving their lives. Her problem is that she is nothing like what the society at this time wants here to be. Ie they want her to be a genteel SJ type and instead she's a firey SP.

    Ashley should have manned up instead of being a wuss.

    Rhett tells her that they are the same and thats why they are meant for each other. I could see him being either an Stp like her or even a ENTP out for adventure.
    I disagree. rhett says he and scarlet are similar because they're both enterprising and unconventional. I see him as FP more than TP. Fi/Te is much more intense, passionate and individualist than Fe/Ti. his actions and communication style clearly point to over extended Te in my opinion
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  2. #92
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I disagree. rhett says he and scarlet are similar because they're both enterprising and unconventional. I see him as FP more than TP. Fi/Te is much more intense, passionate and individualist than Fe/Ti. his actions and communication style clearly point to over extended Te in my opinion
    An FP also wouldn't do something stupid like tell a whole room of Southerners why the Confederacy will lose the war, solely because he's right on the technical merits. That's absolutely an ENTP thing to do, as is joining the Confederate army regardless.

    Finally, "Cheer up. Maybe you'll have an accident."

  3. #93
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    An FP also wouldn't do something stupid like tell a whole room of Southerners why the Confederacy will lose the war, solely because he's right on the technical merits. That's absolutely an ENTP thing to do, as is joining the Confederate army regardless.

    Finally, "Cheer up. Maybe you'll have an accident."
    an ENFP 8 would totally do something like that (I say stuff like that to people all the time). an FJ probably would not say something like that as they're big on social harmony and feelings, but a gutsy FP would if they felt everyone was being an idiot, especially an ENFP (we are N doms after all, and seeing people who are that ignorant is extremely annoying to us). doing the right thing > caring about people's feelings for FPs
    "Cheer up, maybe you'll have an accident" sounds more like something a pissed off F would say to me, but I don't think that line is a great indicator.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #94
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    an ENFP 8 would totally do something like that (I say stuff like that to people all the time). an FJ probably would not say something like that as they're big on social harmony and feelings, but a gutsy FP would if they felt everyone was being an idiot, especially an ENFP (we are N doms after all, and seeing people who are that ignorant is extremely annoying to us). doing the right thing > caring about people's feelings for FPs
    "Cheer up, maybe you'll have an accident" sounds more like something a pissed off F would say to me, but I don't think that line is a great indicator.
    He was talking about the miscarriage of their unwanted, unborn child. Rhett didn't say that line as part of a shouting argument; he made it as a cold, calculated, flippant remark specifically because it would hurt Scarlett the most. That's Fe at work there. ENFP sarcasm retains a bit of playfulness, even at its worst. ENTP sarcasm is always far more vicious, and willing to outrage gentle sensibilities.

    Finally, look at the ending scene. Rhett's not giving Scarlett Fi reactions of "this hurts me as much as it does you, but I have to do this," he's giving her Fe reactions of the door slam, and the utter disregard for her well-being. She's burned him one too many times, and he's no longer going to chase after a dream. He's going to engage her for the first time in the movie as she is, and it turns out, he really doesn't like that person one bit.

  5. #95
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Yeah... He sounds more ENTP when you point out those scenes. Especially the whole. The south will lose the war thing.

    The ending seems pure nt cutting his losses after a major error (to him) in judgement and reasoning.

    I know that you have had it your forum's ambition to fit "bad ass" somewhere in your personality profile, but rhett isn't the way to do it.

    Also trying to claim that the "humor" of "cheer up. Maybe you will have a miscarriage." iS somehow acceptable... Is extremely childish. No one should be proud of treating another human being that. I don't care what personality type you are.

  6. #96
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    He was talking about the miscarriage of their unwanted, unborn child. Rhett didn't say that line as part of a shouting argument; he made it as a cold, calculated, flippant remark specifically because it would hurt Scarlett the most. That's Fe at work there. ENFP sarcasm retains a bit of playfulness, even at its worst. ENTP sarcasm is always far more vicious, and willing to outrage gentle sensibilities.

    Finally, look at the ending scene. Rhett's not giving Scarlett Fi reactions of "this hurts me as much as it does you, but I have to do this," he's giving her Fe reactions of the door slam, and the utter disregard for her well-being. She's burned him one too many times, and he's no longer going to chase after a dream. He's going to engage her for the first time in the movie as she is, and it turns out, he really doesn't like that person one bit.
    the opposite. ENFPs under stress turn into calculating, cold, formal little TJs just like Rhett did. ENTPs under stress get more temperamental. the Fi reactions you're describing are really Fe. Fe is the function that deals with people's emotions, social rituals, and empathy. Fi really deals very little with people. it's about values, convictions, artistic appreciation and subjective analysis. Fi does bond with people, but it's not really an "emotional" bond so to speak (I really don't know how to explain it actually)
    bold: further evidence for ENFP in that he idealizes her and fails to see her true colors until the end of the movie.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #97
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Yeah... He sounds more ENTP when you point out those scenes. Especially the whole. The south will lose the war thing.

    The ending seems pure nt cutting his losses after a major error (to him) in judgement and reasoning.

    I know that you have had it your forum's ambition to fit "bad ass" somewhere in your personality profile, but rhett isn't the way to do it.

    Also trying to claim that the "humor" of "cheer up. Maybe you will have a miscarriage." iS somehow acceptable... Is extremely childish. No one should be proud of treating another human being that. I don't care what personality type you are.
    It's an incredibly ugly thing to say to someone, even if you can't stand them.

    Further evidence (particularly from the book): Professional gambler at the start of the story. The first thing Rhett says to Scarlett is complementing her for acting in an unladylike fashion. He's an absolute polymath. Rhett consistently gets out of the messes he gets himself into through his roguish charm. After the war breaks out, Rhett's first move isn't into the army - it's to exploit the Union blockade for financial gain through blockade running. After the war, instead of standing with the rest of the defeated Southerners, he works with the carpetbaggers so as to make more cash. He's always two steps ahead of Scarlett, which can be said of no other character in the story.

    In fact, he may be the most complete portrait of an ENTP character, for good and for bad, that I've seen. If people think he's a feeler, they might be confusing the character for Clark Gable, who almost certainly is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    the opposite. ENFPs under stress turn into calculating, cold, formal little TJs just like Rhett did. ENTPs under stress get more temperamental. the Fi reactions you're describing are really Fe. Fe is the function that deals with people's emotions, social rituals, and empathy. Fi really deals very little with people. it's about values, convictions, artistic appreciation and subjective analysis. Fi does bond with people, but it's not really an "emotional" bond so to speak (I really don't know how to explain it actually)
    bold: further evidence for ENFP in that he idealizes her and fails to see her true colors until the end of the movie.
    This runs contrary to pretty much everything the other ENFPs on the site have stated.

  8. #98
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    It's an incredibly ugly thing to say to someone, even if you can't stand them.

    Further evidence (particularly from the book): Professional gambler at the start of the story. The first thing Rhett says to Scarlett is complementing her for acting in an unladylike fashion. He's an absolute polymath. Rhett consistently gets out of the messes he gets himself into through his roguish charm. After the war breaks out, Rhett's first move isn't into the army - it's to exploit the Union blockade for financial gain through blockade running. After the war, instead of standing with the rest of the defeated Southerners, he works with the carpetbaggers so as to make more cash. He's always two steps ahead of Scarlett, which can be said of no other character in the story.

    In fact, he may be the most complete portrait of an ENTP character, for good and for bad, that I've seen. If people think he's a feeler, they might be confusing the character for Clark Gable, who almost certainly is.



    This runs contrary to pretty much everything the other ENFPs on the site have stated.

    from cognitiveprocesses.com
    Introverted Feeling
    It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.
    Extraverted Feeling
    The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The “social graces,” such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them. Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others’ feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs. We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.
    like I said, Fi frankly doesn't give a damn about sugar coating its message to tailor to people's inability to accept the truth. tons of ENFPs would say the things that Rhett did in his position. the stereotype that all feelers are people pleasing make everything personal is as erroneous as the myth that thinkers don't have emotions. notice the differences between Scarlett and Rhett under stress if you want more evidence. Rhett gets more Te (cold, rational, formal) and Scarlett gets more Fe (temperamental, emotional, manipulative, guilt tripping). as opposed to Rhett when healthy (who is surprisingly warm and affectionate)
    PS: pun intended
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #99
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The “social graces,” such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them. Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others’ feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs. We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.
    All of which Rhett displays prominently throughout the story. He's an excellent reader of people. He immediately turns the charm on if others' reactions suggest that he's gone too far. He cares for Scarlett's children far more than she does.

  10. #100
    Senior Member Chiharu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Scarlett: ESTP

    I think she can come off as an F more because of what society has pushed at her since the day she was born more than from her personal preference.

    Rhett: ENTJ... I could see ENFP but I don't think so for some reason...

    Melanie: ISFJ

    Ashley: INFJ

Similar Threads

  1. The Boy With The Incredible Brain
    By FranG in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 12:19 AM
  2. I can control the world with the power of my mind...
    By The Ü™ in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 08:07 PM
  3. hello there you with the face
    By mooninight in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 06:10 AM
  4. Anyone obsessed with The Beatles?
    By intpgirl in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 07:19 PM
  5. Google Earth, now with the sky.
    By Natrushka in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 11:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO