• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Michael Moore

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Documentary film maker.

ENFP

Definetly extroverted.

Has to be NF. Moral crusader. Bleeding heart liberal.

P: so scruffy! Goes against the grain.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
lol. Who now? j/k

That sounds about right so far.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jack Flak knows.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm watching him on Larry King right now, and I thought I'd post a thread on it.

First off..

What do you think of him and his ideas?

I generally like his ideas. He's pretty radical, though..and I have more independent views. But I like what he's doing. Standing up to what he thinks is wrong and corrupt.

As a person, I really really respect the guy. I don't know a ton about him so I'm still scanning, but from what I have seen, he seems like he knows what he's talking about; he has a remedy for our problems; and he cares about the people. (as far as I can tell)

And more or less as a side topic..

What do you think his type is?

I don't know him well enough to type. But if I were to go with my gut, I'd say ENTP or ENFP.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I think Michael Moore is not worth thinking about (although he's as big as a planet, so it's hard to avoid him).

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think Michael Moore is not worth thinking about.

OOOH, YOU BEIN' ALL PHILOSOPHICAL.

What makes you think so?

I'm not romanticizing him, as I said..I don't necessarily agree with his views. But I do think he deserves some respect.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
OOOH, YOU BEIN' ALL PHILOSOPHICAL.

What makes you think so?

I'm not romanticizing him, as I said..I don't necessarily agree with his views. But I do think he deserves some respect.

Risen thinks so because he's a libertarian.

I think Michael Moore deserves respect. Though sometimes I think he overplays and does the histrionics thing. Like it's about him, his performance. That's irritating. I'm a liberal, and I think Michael Moore might be the sort of liberal that I actually do not get along with IRL. But he's also extremely focused and active politically and I can't help but respect that.

He does good things. Nobody is perfect.

LEGERdeMAIN

I describe myself as a libertarian(though I don't vote or think along party lines) and I think Michael Moore is simply filling a void in popular politics. If he was a talk show host, he'd be the liberal version of Hannity.... I agree with many of his points but he always overdoes it in his documentaries and ends up looking like a puppet.

Regardless of my mixed opinion of him, I would much rather listen to him babble on for 2 hours then listen to Hannity or O'Reilly for ten minutes.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Risen thinks so because he's a libertarian.

I think Michael Moore deserves respect. Though sometimes I think he overplays and does the histrionics thing. Like it's about him, his performance. That's irritating. I'm a liberal, and I think Michael Moore might be the sort of liberal that I actually do not get along with IRL. But he's also extremely focused and active politically and I can't help but respect that.

He does good things. Nobody is perfect.

Good point.

I mean..even after watching him on Larry King, he comes off as being pretty closed off to his veiws. He really pushes his side of the spectrum as being the one taken advantage by these power/money hungry demons that are some of the Politicians and Bankers. I mean..he's sees it too black and white, there's really no median.

He's definitely a support-the-cause kind of guy...and I usually don't care for those kind of people.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I respect Michael Moore as a documentarian (really, a propagandist, but he works in that end of filmmaking) who can open a movie. I don't appreciate some of his tactics, though. Even back in the Roger & Me days, he kept up the whole "Roger Smith wouldn't speak to me" thing and had the empty seat in every theater gimmick, even though he did eventually speak to Roger Smith and did not include it in the film.

I had a great idea from one of the Hit & Run posters at Reason.

A Letter to Michael Moore

"Dear Mr. Moore,
I would like to see your new film Capitalism: A Love Story, but I don't want to pay. Please send a free ticket to 1550. . ."

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good point.

I mean..even after watching him on Larry King, he comes off as being pretty closed off to his veiws. He really pushes his side of the spectrum as being the one taken advantage by these power/money hungry demons that are some of the Politicians and Bankers. I mean..he's sees it too black and white, there's really no median.

He's definitely a support-the-cause kind of guy...and I usually don't care for those kind of people.

Yeah. He does expose some really fucked up shit that goes on every day, though. I like that. I think that's important.

I sometimes wonder if he'd make more of an impact, and thereby generate more real success for the people he says he wants to help, if he wasn't quite so extreme.

cogdecree

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
There are others out there on the fringe left that are much more respectable than our dear Moore. Most of the politically savvy including those who swing left recognize him for what he is, a loon.

We don't even have to look far back at all, his new movie rages against capitalism, ok sure that is ideological, sad part is, he is going to end up with more figures ($$$) under him due to this movie, from working in a capitalist system. His history is extremely telling.

Overall I have a low opinion of Moore, as he is merely shock value or sells through shock value, nothing intellectual about his presentations.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
We don't even have to look far back at all, his new movie rages against capitalism, ok sure that is ideological, sad part is, he is going to end up with more figures ($$$) under him due to this movie, from working in a capitalist system. His history is extremely telling.

Of course it is, everyone likes to see Pablo, the overweight lion in the cage try and jump through flaming hoops only to see the lion run around with his fur on fire. It's no longer about Michael Moore's politics(though it never really was, was it?), it's about his actions. He runs around screaming like a turkey and expects everyone to take him seriously.
[youtube="_c-lWoma2kw"]Michael Moore in a day[/youtube]

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

"Dear Mr. Moore,
I would like to see your new film Capitalism: A Love Story, but I don't want to pay. Please send a free ticket to 1550. . ."

You should totally do it.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I respect Michael Moore as a documentarian (really, a propagandist, but he works in that end of filmmaking) who can open a movie. I don't appreciate some of his tactics, though. Even back in the Roger & Me days, he kept up the whole "Roger Smith wouldn't speak to me" thing and had the empty seat in every theater gimmick, even though he did eventually speak to Roger Smith and did not include it in the film.

"Dear Mr. Moore,

I agree. I'm pretty much what you'd call a lefty-liberal I guess, but he can really get up my ass sometimes. When he accosts people for on-the-spot interviews and does his "I just don't understand the defensiveness!!" act, I'm like "Oh will ya can it Moore??". He sets them up to look stupid, which is a tactic that will annoy me just as much coming from a lefty as it will from a righty.

Totally do the free ticket thing! :D