User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: Michael Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Some people sure seem to take it seriously to me...at least until they're shown to be wrong. Then they pretend it's all just for fun.
    I think most of us realize it's just another theoretical map of unknowable territory.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

ENFJ I'd guess. Obviously an extrovert. Big-picture thinking. Task-related action. Social justice causes. T/F is the most questionable though.

Good documentary filmmaker. He basically follows in the tradition of what political/social documentaries do, in that he tries to influence people towards a specific view. In his case it's left-wing populism.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Happyman View Post
    Do you mean me? Anyway, you've responded to the least important part of my post.
    Nope, but a couple other people in this thread seem to take it at least somewhat seriously.

Do you think there is a correlation between cognitive functions and behaviour or not?
    On an individual level, no, but for large groups of people, possibly.

I'd say the whole idea of MBTI-testing is based on the assumption there is a strong relation between the two (not to mention whole psychology).
    This might be true for internet MBTI tests, and the like. I've never taken one given by a psychiatrist or psychologist, so I'm not speaking from experience, but I would think that they're more thorough, analyzing underlying motivations and thought processes more than just the behavior itself. If they're not, then they're bullshit, too.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    YaYa

I vote ESFx.

I am leaning more toward P.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    I really dislike Moore. He sets a negative mood within society with his comments. For instance, I know we are all (well, most of us are) tired of Iraq, but he wasn't/isn't helping with his negative attitude.
    So everyone should just be happy all the time, when there's still a lot of work to do and a ton of problems to be dealt with?

One man doesn't control the zeitgeist.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    ENFJ I'd guess. Obviously an extrovert. Big-picture thinking. Task-related action. Social justice causes. T/F is the most questionable though.

Good documentary filmmaker. He basically follows in the tradition of what political/social documentaries do, in that he tries to influence people towards a specific view. In his case it's left-wing populism.
    I think ENFJ may be right.

He seems more Fe Ni driven than Ne Fi driven. But not by a long shot.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

surely an enfj would be better groomed

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think he is an ENFP, and I am not afraid to say I like him.

He has a beautiful spirit, and he is a genuinely kind and thoughtful person.

I just turn my back on politics for I'd rather not get sullied in 'em.

When I think about how categorically fucked up our world order is, I want to shut down and cry.

I am a softee when it comes to documentaries made by NFPs.

I don't mind when my heartstrings get pulled, my heartstrings are there for a reason, they are the bearers of truth.

When something isn't right, it doesn't feel right.

I am proud of anyone who can draw a line in the sand and say, such and such is unequivocally and categorically wrong.

*hides*
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Am I the only one who thinks hes a total puppet.

Lets take a look at Bowling for columbine.

Starts off neutral towards guns

Guns are evil rawr rawr rawr

(Goes to Canada) Guns arnt bad

then out of nowhere GUNS ARE EVIL!

Also I have several Canadian friends, aparently they watched the section of that movie about canada in hihgh school current events as an example of media bias.

His histronic personality disorder invalidates the MBTI
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Lets take a look at Bowling for columbine.
    Starts off neutral towards guns
    Guns are evil rawr rawr rawr
    (Goes to Canada) Guns arnt bad
    then out of nowhere GUNS ARE EVIL!
    Err... no. Wrong conclusion. He's trying to prove that possessing arms or the US having a blood-stained history isn't the real lesson after Columbine. It's a matter of wrong mentality, education and the neoconservative government's strategy to cause fear in people.

It is oversimplified and slightly demagogue, but basically true. The main problem is that it never starts in a "neutral" way towards the subject, it starts with an assumption and ends with collecting facts that support the original idea. Conflicting data is dropped. That's why it's not a real documentary imo.