User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: Michael Moore

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Michael Moore is a piece of shit attention whore, who manupilates the truth for his own gain.

Just because he happens to be on the righteous side of the issue from time to time, that doesn't make him honorable or reasonable.

Edit: I'm guessing he's a self righteous/self centered ENFJ.
    plus one
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Meh, Moore's got such a swirl of controversy/hype around him that it makes me want to have no part of it.

I watch his movies with an open mind, and relate mostly to the people he interviews (who tend to bring up good points whether they're intentional or not) and make my own inferences based upon them. As a person though, I don't trust him because of how ridiculously biased he is.

Biased or not, he brings up good points, but those points should be taken with a grain of salt.

That's all I have to say.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Can you explain why you think he's SJ?
    If you were to base your opinion of type distribution based solely on the opinions of people on this forum, you would think that 95% of humans are intuitives. But in the real world there are more sensors than intuitives. My assessment is that people on this forum have no idea how to type people, and if they claim that they do, they're full of shit. It's especially difficult to type someone like Michael Moore where you have such a small amount of information. All we have are his movies and a few interviews.

My reason for thinking he's an SJ is...SJ is the most common temperament. If you knew little about a person, you would have the greatest statistical probability of being correct if you simply guessed SJ every time. That's better than thinking that every famous or intelligent person is intuitive.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    If you were to base your opinion of type distribution based solely on the opinions of people on this forum, you would think that 95% of humans are intuitives. But in the real world there are more sensors than intuitives. My assessment is that people on this forum have no idea how to type people, and if they claim that they do, they're full of shit. It's especially difficult to type someone like Michael Moore where you have such a small amount of information. All we have are his movies and a few interviews.

My reason for thinking he's an SJ is...SJ is the most common temperament. If you knew little about a person, you would have the greatest statistical probability of being correct if you simply guessed SJ every time. That's better than thinking that every famous or intelligent person is intuitive.
    Hee-hee-hee! Man, you've killed the NUMBER ONE innocent entertainment on this forum!
    Typing famous people is like sudoku and horoscopes.

Dramatic news: forum's activity drops by 45%!

To be honest I agree that we put 'N' much too often. I cannot imagine anyone here (including myself probably) typing any of last American presidents 'S', yet the most common 'two-letter-combination' for them was SJ (right from the start - with ISTJ Washington)

Yet, I hoped for some arguments for M.Moore's 'S-ness', on Your part. There are some serious ones:
    - He focuses on real stories and history.
    - He's very average in his tastes.
    - He uses tons of popular catch-phrases in his interviews

(I'd still go with ENFP, though - to what I wrote before, I'd add his crazy idea to write a book and make a documentary after being fired - very un-SJ! - and basically creating new way of making documentaries).
    "Act as though it was impossible to fail."
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Happyman View Post
    Yet, I hoped for some arguments for M.Moore's 'S-ness', on Your part. There are some serious ones:
    - He focuses on real stories and history.
    - He's very average in his tastes.
    - He uses tons of popular catch-phrases in his interviews
    This would still be flawed. MBTI is about internal processes, not behavior. Perhaps you should discuss his Enneagram type.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I respect Michael Moore as a documentarian (really, a propagandist, but he works in that end of filmmaking) who can open a movie. I don't appreciate some of his tactics, though. Even back in the Roger & Me days, he kept up the whole "Roger Smith wouldn't speak to me" thing and had the empty seat in every theater gimmick, even though he did eventually speak to Roger Smith and did not include it in the film.

I had a great idea from one of the Hit & Run posters at Reason.

A Letter to Michael Moore

"Dear Mr. Moore,
    I would like to see your new film Capitalism: A Love Story, but I don't want to pay. Please send a free ticket to 1550. . ."
    That's my problem with Moore. He's an end-justifies-the-means kind of guy, which makes him fundamentally dishonest.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

This would still be flawed. MBTI is about internal processes, not behavior.
    Hrm... true. Yet, I don't think anybody treats it dead seriously here.

Also almost every MBTI test includes numerous 'behaviour based' questions (i.e. 'Do you tend to stay till the end of the party or do you quit early on?'). Which probably means they believe in correlation between the two (behaviour and cognitive functions).

Putting it simply: the 'typings' are seriously flawed yet are not sheer nonsense.
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Happyman View Post
    Hrm... true. Yet, I don't think anybody treats it dead seriously here.
    Some people sure seem to take it seriously to me...at least until they're shown to be wrong. Then they pretend it's all just for fun.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I really dislike Moore. He sets a negative mood within society with his comments. For instance, I know we are all (well, most of us are) tired of Iraq, but he wasn't/isn't helping with his negative attitude.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

Some people sure seem to take it seriously to me...at least until they're shown to be wrong. Then they pretend it's all just for fun.
    Do you mean me? Anyway, you've responded to the least important part of my post.

Do you think there is a correlation between cognitive functions and behaviour or not?
    I'd say the whole idea of MBTI-testing is based on the assumption there is a strong relation between the two (not to mention whole psychology).
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!