User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Michael Moore

MBTI
    INTJ

Michael Moore is a piece of shit attention whore, who manupilates the truth for his own gain.

Just because he happens to be on the righteous side of the issue from time to time, that doesn't make him honorable or reasonable.

Edit: I'm guessing he's a self righteous/self centered ENFJ.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Aren't effective manipulators honorable, especially if they happen to be "on the righteous side from time to time"?

He's not a documentarist, but a walking propaganda machine - and a damn good one, I have to admit. He can't convince the elite, but laymen love him. I'm watching his movies for the lulz (usually skipping emo parts), so I'm looking forward to his next film.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    That's not evidence that he's an intuitive. I think he's an SJ on a mission...logic be damned.
    'N' doesn't necessarily equal 'logical thinker'. He could be an idealist.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Aren't effective manipulators honorable, especially if they happen to be "on the righteous side from time to time"?
    Using manipulation and misinformation for the sake of good is dubiously honorable concept in itself, plus there there is an added element of trust and competence. You have to trust him that he has people's interest in mind (unclouded by his own), and on top of that he has to be competent enough to always know which side is righteous.

I, for one, neither trust him, nor think that he has an infallible competence.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Edit: I'm guessing he's a self righteous/self centered ENFJ.
    My guess too.

P.S. Rep

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

He's chock-filled with Logical Fallacies, and with truckloads of Cum Hoc Ergo Proptor Hocs.

And I will not repeal my typing him FATBASTARD, because it is common knowledge.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    YaYa

I like Moore.

What he says isn't always correct. But he jump-starts discourse between complacent view points. Conservatives, liberals, and independents should engage in more discussion.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I like what he represents.

He represents change and sticking up for his beliefs. As far as I can tell, he sticks up to Corruption, injustice, and thins that are unethical all in spite of the people. The People. He seems to have his set around getting the consent of the people through fairness and liberty.

And you know? Top an ENFP, these things can really earn you some respect. Criticize him all you want, I do sometimes...but know you're criticizing one person who is standing up while the rest of us just sitting around. You know?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    He's chock-filled with Logical Fallacies, and with truckloads of Cum Hoc Ergo Proptor Hocs.

And I will not repeal my typing him FATBASTARD, because it is common knowledge.
    Never seen that term used before, but it really does make alot of sense and is fitting for him.

As I stated though, in terms of his capacity to cause discussion and make a big deal out of a mostly quiet topic, to generate awareness, he's excellent at that, and that cum_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc thing fits perfectly as a way to do so, as it incites discussion and argument.

The problem is... it also means that it draws alot of bad conclusions... meaning if he's RIGHT about something... then the people who are wrong will use his horrible reasoning against the concept as a whole, as if everyone believes that false reasoning >.>

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I like what he represents.

He represents change and sticking up for his beliefs. As far as I can tell, he sticks up to Corruption, injustice, and thins that are unethical all in spite of the people. The People. He seems to have his set around getting the consent of the people through fairness and liberty.

And you know? Top an ENFP, these things can really earn you some respect. Criticize him all you want, I do sometimes...but know you're criticizing one person who is standing up while the rest of us just sitting around. You know?
    I agree. Sure, Michael Moore can be obnoxious. Does he exaggerate sometimes? Probably. But that doesn't make what he's doing wrong or completely illogical. It's overly simplistic to criticize him with broad strokes like "propaganda." I sincerely think that what some of the people in this thread meant to type was "since I disagree with him, everything he says must be untrue." Which is a logical fallacy in and of itself...

I respect Michael Moore. I do think he really is on a mission to do something good. I don't think he's a complete fraud. While I might not always agree with his tactics, I admire him for getting out there and trying to make a difference.

Besides, this is America: would he really be able to grab people's attention without a little flash and song and dance? I think he knows sensationalism sells, and I'm sure he deems it worth it in order to reach people with what he sees as being important causes.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    know you're criticizing one person who is standing up while the rest of us just sitting around.
    Speak for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    As I stated though, in terms of his capacity to cause discussion and make a big deal out of a mostly quiet topic, to generate awareness, he's excellent at that
    +1