User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Michael Moore

his strength (fake "self-consciousness"/assertiveness) is drawn from total identification with a victim-archetype. i used to sympathize with that, even regarded him as a hero for some time, but now its not good enough for me anymore, to talk from such a personal perspective about politics. he really lacks a constructive vision. he just wants people to get "better", morally. like a moral imperative of some kind is going to save the world. good, but not good enough for me. but most of the people have no better vision than a longing for some kind of projected personal imperative. various hidden victim agendas rule the postmodern culture. so therefore the world has deserved michael moore. he shall annoy you, until you realize whats really wrong with him, and how to improve on him in a transcendent way (rather than taking sides for some michael more antagonist from the same level)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I didn't give his type. Nobody is. I say xNFP.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Tough call, I would say ENTP or ENTJ.
    ENFJ. He wouldn't be who he is today if it weren't for GM dicking around for the last 30 years. ENFJ means "you fuck with my people, I'm gonna fuck with you, no matter what it takes".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

hes a fucking ENFP. he has ridiculous Ne ideas that lead him on wild goose chases, and he never bothers to tie up the loose ends (to him, simple linkage is enough to imply entire conspiracies). He is completely driven by Fi and never bothers to answer the question when interviewed. He is the king of fallacies of relevance.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I see serious Fi in him. He's so sincerely stubborn about his ethical belief system - nearly to the point of being self-defeating.

An ENFJ - an Fe dom - would know that his histrionics aren't going to appeal to the broadest possible audience to reach his end goal of helping others. Fe would know how to reach society at large, not just appeal to those who already lean left. Michael Moore has been accused of "preaching to the converted."

ENFP. But not for the reasons Babylon Candle said.

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    his strength (fake "self-consciousness"/assertiveness) is drawn from total identification with a victim-archetype. i used to sympathize with that, even regarded him as a hero for some time, but now its not good enough for me anymore, to talk from such a personal perspective about politics. he really lacks a constructive vision. he just wants people to get "better", morally. like a moral imperative of some kind is going to save the world. good, but not good enough for me. but most of the people have no better vision than a longing for some kind of projected personal imperative. various hidden victim agendas rule the postmodern culture. so therefore the world has deserved michael moore. he shall annoy you, until you realize whats really wrong with him, and how to improve on him in a transcendent way (rather than taking sides for some michael more antagonist from the same level)
    very well put.

when i was much younger and had less of an idea of what my own personal identity was i regarded michael moore as a champion of the underprivileged american middle and lower class.

he has found his market to capitalize on. his tactic is smart cause most people are dumb but his execution is sloppy, unfairly biased and in poor taste. its pathetic and makes me feel dirty having watched it.

what a chode.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    I describe myself as a libertarian(though I don't vote or think along party lines) and I think Michael Moore is simply filling a void in popular politics. If he was a talk show host, he'd be the liberal version of Hannity.... I agree with many of his points but he always overdoes it in his documentaries and ends up looking like a puppet.

Regardless of my mixed opinion of him, I would much rather listen to him babble on for 2 hours then listen to Hannity or O'Reilly for ten minutes.
    Actually, Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh are the same person. I can't stand either of them. They appeal to the lowest common denominator each side on the political spectrum in the US. I don't respect him, but I don't respect most people.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Yeah, I was thinking TV, but you're right................... They could be half-brothers.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    hes a fucking ENFP. he has ridiculous Ne ideas that lead him on wild goose chases, and he never bothers to tie up the loose ends (to him, simple linkage is enough to imply entire conspiracies). He is completely driven by Fi and never bothers to answer the question when interviewed. He is the king of fallacies of relevance.
    This made me laugh. And I think you may be right.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?