• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Californication

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
So I'm not really good at it but does anyone care to take a shot at typing the different characters? I love this series. Best show I've watched in a looong time. What would you say is Hank Moody's (David Duchovny character's) type?

Last edited by a moderator:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
No one? For shame MBTIcentral....for shame....

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
he's a writer
is irresponsible and goes by his own law
Fi or Ti

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont know all the names yet and just watched like 8 episodes but I'll give it a try.

I think Hank is definitly ENP. If it's ENFP or ENTP I am not sure yet and its always hard with fictional characters to pinpoint that down exactly.

His best friend the bold guy, I'ld type esfp or isfp. His best friends wife, I would say ISFJ.

Hank's great love is definitly INFJ. That I am pretty sure off. Her husband Bill (or was it Bob :D) it'ld type ISTJ or INTJ.

His little daughter I think INFP and Bill's daughter I would give the ENFJ tag.

According to all this NF tags, I see Hank going into a F direction aswell. I probably would type him to be ENFP at the moment. But it's really hard to tell, I myself havent found a liable method to find out if its ENTP or ENFP with a person, they have too much in common.

What I've seen so far that the term "idea" is something that is used often with Hank. His great love for example said "You like the idea of love".

From that point of view, I am tempted to see him more in the ENTP direction. I think a ENFP would handle things better, his primary goal would be a quest for harmony through Fi and that's something I dont see in Hank.

He is more the spontaneous idea guy, who lives for the moment (linear thinking) as opposed to the F guy, who would consider the consequences of his actions (holistic thinking).

I would say so far ENxP and I guess, because he is a fictional character, one shouldnt look deeper into it, because in the end there will be many real facts and things missing that make up a real person.

Gonna watch episode 9 now, show is just great :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like it, it's pretty sassy :D

I wouldn't really bother watching all of it though, it got a little bit repetitive after a few episodes.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
i love this show. I am in the middle of season two.
My guess:

Hank: ISFP
Karen: ENFJ
Becca: INFP
Charlie and wife: ESFP
Mia: ENFP
Ashby: ESTP

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i love this show. I am in the middle of season two.
My guess:

Hank: ISFP
Karen: ENFJ
Charlie and wife: ESFP

Hank seems more like an ESTP to me, Karen is probably ESFJ, Becca INTP, Charlie (that's the bald guy right?) ISTJ maybe? I kinda agree with the rest... kinda ;)

Skaught

MBTI Type
INTP
After watching the 3 seasons, here's what I think

Hank: ISTP (With a developed Fe that comes and goes)
Karen: ENFJ (possibly ESFJ)
Becca: INFJ
Charlie: ENTJ (not quite sure about this one)
Charlie's Wife: ESFP
Mia: ENFJ
Ashby: xSTP

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After watching the 3 seasons, here's what I think

Hank: ISTP (With a developed Fe that comes and goes)
Karen: ENFJ (possibly ESFJ)
Becca: INFJ
Charlie: ENTJ (not quite sure about this one)
Charlie's Wife: ESFP
Mia: ENFJ
Ashby: xSTP

+1

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hank: ENTP
Karen: ESFJ
Charlie: ISFJ
Marcy: ESFP

F

FigerPuppet

Hank is great. Can he join the INTJ Club? Please? PLEASE?? It really needs someone like him.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Definitly INTJ !!! :D

I don't really get that-- I see him as someone who's an extrovert but doesn't like going to parties or social functions all that much, has a relatively lower level of Fe, and a lot of playful, flirty behavior and smart-assery. Seems like an ENTP to me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I don't really get that-- I see him as someone who's an extrovert but doesn't like going to parties or social functions all that much, has a relatively lower level of Fe, and a lot of playful, flirty behavior and smart-assery. Seems like an ENTP to me.

Nah, I wasnt serious :).

I thought about it myself quite some time, if he does qualify as an ENTP or ENFP. When that new character was introduced with the gray hair who wanted him to write his biography, Hank came of as an ENTP in contrast to him.

I tho gave up because I think typing fictional characters does set an unreal image for oneself + I think they are unreal themselves, therefore I wont go down on that topic, ... but I will go down on your sister :D

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Anyone who types him as anything other than NP hasn't watched the show.

I'm gonna say ENP. It could go either way. But he certainly is very empathic and goes out of his way to help people all the time.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hank Moody: ENTP 3w4 sx/sp, disintegrated in 9
Natasha: ESFJ
Rebecca: INFP
Charlie: ISTJ

KDude

whatever type he is, he's damaged, and doesn't line up with anything conveniently.

[edit] that's no knock on the show btw ;D the fact that he's so screwed up makes it the best show on tv atm

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
I see him as someone who's an extrovert but doesn't like going to parties or social functions all that much, has a relatively lower level of Fe, and a lot of playful, flirty behavior and smart-assery. Seems like an ENTP to me.

Yes. Could also be ENFP, but the guy seems to be pretty detached from everyone else but his few close ones. I thought also INFP, but INFP would not be as smart-ass and violent maybe? And not have one-night stands in such a detached way.

Very funny show in the first season especially.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
His character is based on Charles Bukowski. I would go with ENFP. He's a flake but is that the result of chemical abuse or his true personality?